𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

The Losers followed the sounds of desperate screams for as long as they could until all at once they went silent. Fortunately, it was just enough to lead them to a large dome-shaped opening in the tunnel. 

 In the middle of the dome was a mountain of junk. From first glance, it appeared to consist of children's toys and sports equipment. It was stacked in such a fashion that it looked as if the absence of just one thing would destroy the entire pile. A fluttering of wings was heard above them and they looked up just in time to see a bat fly across the lid of what appeared to be a large man-hole cover, roughly the size of the school. 

 "Jesus Christ," Richie breathed, pointing to the bodies that floated mindlessly in the air like a sadistic baby's mobile. Bill immediately began searching for you, but not before instructing the others to do the same. They began shining their flashlights over the bodies, trying to identify one as their missing friend, but most were too high up for the light to hit them.

 "C'mon, C'mon," Bill murmured to himself, running circles around the mountain of toys, still not losing hope despite not seeing any trace of you anywhere in the stale, potent, air. Tears welled up in his eyes as he fought the urge to hiccup, knowing that it would only make the stutter worse. What if he really did never find you? Would he eventually give up like his parents did to Georgie? Or would he go insane trying to find you? The scary part, besides the fact that his best friend and crush was missing with a killer clown demon on the loose, was that he couldn't decide which was worse. 

 Too caught up in his emotional trainwreck, Bill almost didn't notice the trail of white cloth that ran along the surface of the greywater. (Y/N)'s bandages, He thought, picking up the sopping fabric and winding it into a ball around his fist. The trail led to the outskirts of the room and he noticed that the further he went, the dirtier the bandages became. Dirt, grass, and blood stains all littered the inches-wide fabric that was once soft to the touch but was now crusted and stiff. 

 The trail ended and so did his search for you. Your small body floated lowly in the air but rose inches more every second, only raising his fears. The bandages had unwound from your right arm and the once minuscule cuts were dripping into an ever-growing crimson puddle on the ground. Your hair was strewn all about your head, flying this way and that in slow, wavelike motions. It was almost mesmerizing. Bill turned back to see that he had wandered over toward the outskirts of the room, his friends talking quietly amongst themselves whilst searching. 

 "Hey, guys!" He yelled, gaining their attention. "I found her!" 

 When the boys all made their way toward Bill and newly discovered you, they were a little concerned. On one hand, they got their friend back. Awesome, wow. But on the other hand, you were floating midair, defying all known laws of gravity, and was supposedly in a clown-induced coma. "Get over here, I need help getting her down!"

 Eddie climbed on top of Ben's shoulders and successfully got hold of her left foot, ensuring a tight grip on the muddied laces before pulling her down with him. Once you hovered a good two inches off the ground, Bill pushed passed the boys and crouched at your side. His face broke out into a smile. Of course, everything wasn't all fine and dandy now, but he had his girl back. They were making progress. 

 "C'mon (Y-Y/N), wake u-up," He tried, nudging your shoulder with his thumb. No response. Your face was hauntingly beautiful in the dim lighting that rippled across your skin. You looked peaceful and innocent, the embodiment of grace. Of course, this wasn't exactly the time and or place to get all mushy, but the boy couldn't help that his heart decided this was a great moment to start acting like Romeo.

 "Y-you gotta kiss her." 

The Losers looked to Ben who seemed to immediately regret saying this. "Dude, this isn't some Disney shit-show. That shit ain't gonna work." Richie argued, pushing his glasses up the ridge of his nose and rolling his eyes at the mention of such idiotic reasoning. Ben blushed and looked down, twiddling his thumbs awkwardly. It was silent for all except the sound of rushing water behind them. 

 "I mean, what do you have to lose?" Mike crossed his arms, tapping the button of his flashlight impatiently. "If it works, it works. If it doesn't, we'll figure something else out." Bill looked back down at you. Your lips were parted slightly in a faint, ghostly smile. He licked his lips out of habit before leaning in slightly. "Jesus Christ, Bill! You're gonna get Rhinovirus! That's like basically herpes, man!" Eddie began a rant about the dangers of kissing in the middle of a sewer system when Stan put a hand over his mouth, gesturing for Bill to get it over with.

 Bill nodded and looked back down, leaning in all the way and pressing his chapped lips to your vanilla bean chapstick flavored ones. The connection wasn't as smooth as he expected, seeing as how it was technically his first kiss, but it was still sweet and memorable. He pulled away after a moment with a growing blush on his cheeks and a new faint glimmer to his lips. 

 Everyone looked down at you with anticipation, waiting, hoping for some sign of life other than your already dimming pulse. A minute passed and still nothing. No one said anything for a while in fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Were you dead? dying? No one knew. 

 Bill choked back a sob but sat back down on his heels, covering his face with his hands. It was his fault, he just knew it. If it weren't for him, none of them would even be in this mess and the girl he loved wouldn't have her life at stake. He was about to turn away once and for all when he heard a collective gasp. Bill looked up to see that your eyes were blinking open. Your head turned to the side and you gave him a strange look. 

"Jesus, what happened to you guys?" You croaked, smiling in an attempt to lighten the mood. There was a pause before everyone ran to hug her. It would have continued forever had it not been for the need of oxygen. Everyone pulled away and admittedly, each and every person in the room was crying - even if not just a little bit. 

 "No but seriously, what the hell happened?" 

(A/N: How's this for a long chapter? 1200 WORDS!!!! I hope this makes up for my absence...I went on a little vacay and forgot to mention that I'd be on hiatus for a few days. This chapter is purely unedited and I didn't go over and reread the entire thing yet so please feel free to point out any spelling/grammatical mistakes. I have tomorrow off from school so I'll do some hardcore editing then too. How'd ya like that kiss scene that I wrote in just because of my lack of attention to Mike and Ben hardy har...Also whoever catches my Hamilton reference is my best friend! See ya soon! /Second AN: Why did I ever do thisss)