𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Bill lowered the smoking gun. The empty bullet shell clambered to the floor. A sniffle left his mouth and he wiped away the tears that cascaded down his face. It was done, he thought to himself, it was finally done.

He stared down at his brother's body for a minute longer, not yet ready to leave the sewers and this entire affair behind. Despite his racing heart and cold sweat, he found it somewhat funny that the curse that plagued Derry for centuries was put to a stop in the same place it began.

A moment passed before Georgie's body began convulsing. Black sludge puddled in his mouth and dripped onto the floor in webbed patterns. Bill took a step back, gesturing for the others to do the same.

The small boy's leg twitched before it suddenly grew ten sizes too big. Your eyes went wide with horror as the same process occurred to each of his limbs one at a time. Before you could process what had happened, a tall, lengthy figure stood before us in the same place where Georgie once lie presumably dead.

It stood there, grinning over us with saliva drizzling down its muzzle. Bill, despite being scared out of his wits, cocked the pistol back once more and aimed it at the creature's enlarged forehead. He walked forward, hand never wavering away from the trigger. The clown didn't move, it only flickered its eyes to follow Bill's movement.

Mike nudged the back of your hand, still gooey with the blood of my soaked bandages. You raised your chin, not daring to look away from the clown. "The gun is empty. There aren't any more bullets," he muttered, pausing after every other word as to not draw attention to himself. 

You gulped, eyes darting toward the silver chamber of the gun, noticing that it was indeed empty. Oh no. You bit your lip, contemplating whether or not you should let that be known. Hesitantly, you drew your gaze away from the tall figure who was now panting heavily, coating the toes of Bill's shoes in sickly goop. Your fingers twitched, threatening to act upon the horror that was about to unfold.

It would notice before he did, surely it already has. It was only a matter of time before it lunges at the poor, defenseless boy.

Mike shook his head, an obvious no on his part. Bill's finger lingered on the trigger.
You couldn't wait any longer. You raised your hands to cup your mouth and proceeded to shout as loud as you possibly could. "BILL IT'S EMPTY! THE GUN IT'S-"

A hollow click resonated in the room, an empty chamber. Despite this, the clown, Pennywise, toppled backward as if it had been struck between the eyes. A bullet hole melted into the white paint of his temple, white flakes drifted away effortlessly in the non-existent breeze.

Everything seemed to freeze in the brief moments that followed. Everything was still except for the wobbling of the toy tower and the flakes that had now scattered themselves across the floor.  Not a peep was heard from anyone.

The clown's eyes, once rolled back so far that only the whites where visible, bounced back to reveal angry amber irises with minuscule, almost invisible pupils. They centered on Bill who now stood proudly over the toppled body of his enemy, still under the impression that the battle was over and won.

But boy was he wrong.

(A/N: Sorry for the small hiatus there, didn't mean to leave you guys hanging. I'm gonna try to finish this story before the new year, just to be safe with the whole Net Neutrality ordeal. Also, please make sure to contact your local representative and sign a few online petitions. Please and thank you! ALSO, I just finished editing this chapter so sorry for the spelling errors for the pre-edit readers. /Second AN: Oh my god remember net neutrality? God damn.)