INSOMNIA

Skinner, Mulder, Scully and Julie were seated at the table in the restaurant having dinner together for the first time since they arrived at the hotel. The were dining on caviar and french cuisine and sipping on champagne. Skinner cleared his throat and looked at Julie. "Let's make a toast to Miss D.C." They raised their glasses. "May she knock out all the girls and win this pageant." 

Mulder smirked. "I'll drink to that." He took a sip of his champagne and put the glass down on the table again. "She has what it takes to walk away with the crown." 

"You all know it's not really legit. I'm not a real contestant, so even if I do win, I don't think there is a chance that I will keep the title and the crown." 

"Did you never watch Miss Congeniality?" 

"It's a movie and it's Hollywood. This is real life." 

While they were having dinner, Miss Arizona sat down at a table near them. They did not take notice of her and continued their conversation about her and the potential threat she posed to the pageant and the other contestants. After she sat there eves dropping on them for a while she stood up from her table and was about to leave when Julie noticed her. She looked at Gemma alarmed. "Oh shit..."

"What's wrong," Scully who sat with her back towards her asked concerned. 

"I think she overheard us." 

Miss Arizona passed their table and gave Skinner and Julie an icy stare as she passed. 

- X -

Gemma met with the pageant official in her hotel room and slammed the door shut. "That damn little bitch lied to me." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"Miss D.C., Julie McLean. She's a damn undercover agent. And the bald man that was backstage with her is not her father. He's her boss." 

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Sleep with her. Get her to confess and get rid of her. Kill her if you have to. She's going to ruin everything to me."

"I can't just kill her!" James replied alarmed. "Dammit, I already helped Miss Florida disappear and my head is already on the damn chopping block and now you want me to kill the agent?" 

"If you don't wanna kill her, I'll do it," Gemma said infuriated. 

"She's with the FBI. It's too risky. I can sleep with her and alert the officials that seduced me. That's enough reason to get her kicked out of the pageant." 

"Do whatever you can. Just get her out!" 

James left Gemma's room and rushed down the hallway slightly shaken. "Damn crazy psycho bitch." 

- X - 

Julie was already in bed and laid gazing at the city lights outside through the open sliding doors of her hotel room. She was worried about Miss Arizona and about her own safety even though she had the FBI backing her. In the room next door Skinner was sitting on the balcony, not able to sleep either as he was worried about Julie, hoping that she was okay. The edginess gnawed at him. An uneasy feeling he could not shake.  He got up from the chair he was sitting in and went inside before he left the room and walked over to Julie's room. He hesitated before he knocked, knowing that she was probably already sleeping, while he was struggling to fall asleep. The hotel hallway was quiet and he looked around, making sure that no-one could see him. Skinner too a deep breath and then knocked on the door. Julie turned around to look at the door, not expecting company and got up. She peeked through the peeping hole in the door to find Skinner outside and opened the door. "Were you sleeping?" he asked almost apologetic. 

"No...I couldn't sleep?"

"I'm worried about you. I just came to check if you're okay. If you need anything, please let me know." 

Julie smiled. "I will, thank you."

Skinner's eyes raked over bare legs and the black lacy, sheer night dress she was wearing. He stood there hesitating to make a move and her standing there as if say 'here I am, what are you waiting for' didn't help the situation much. Without warning he pushed the door opened to enter her room and slammed the door shut. He pushed her up against the wall and attacked her mouth with his before he grabbed hold of her ass. Her naked skin underneath his drove his senses wild. Her breath started racing as she grabbed hold of the back of his head and pulled him closer to her. Without hesitation he pushed her towards the vanity table facing it. She pressed with her hands on the table has he traced his hands along the outline of her buttocks. Her skin, smooth and warm to the touch. Behind her she could hear him unbuckle his belt, and then he zipped down his pants and stepped out of it. She gasped for breath as he unexpectedly shoved himself inside of her and let out a cry. This time he did slightly hurt her because it was so sudden and unexpected. She braced herself against the wall with her one hand as Skinner placed both his hands on her breasts and breathed in her neck. She was surprised by the guttural animalistic grunts that suddenly came from him. A different, wilder side of his she has never seen. He then moved her from the table and pushed her down on the bed in one swift move, grabbed her by her ankles and placed them over his shoulders before he continued what he was doing. This time he quickened his pace. The feelings inside her intensified and she started squirming and moaning loudly. He was like a ravenous animal. His thrust, deep, hard, fast. She recalled their last time as making love, but this was brutal, sex. Just as suddenly as he overtook her he flipped over onto his back to look at her, moving underneath her. "Look at me Julie." Their eyes met and the gaze of his brown eyes pierced right through her. They were dark and intense, almost looking right through her. Her body tightened as she reached her climax. Her muscles clenching around his shaft drove him over the edge edge he exploded inside of her letting out a series guttural grunts, his whole body shaking, before eventually collapsing onto the bed panting. 

"Dammit, you're killing me Julie

"Dammit, you're killing me Julie." 

She panted too and didn't say a word and just closed her eyes. Skinner looked at her concerned. "Are you alright."

"Yeah...I'll be fine." 

He frowned and looked at her worried. "You will be fine? I hurt you didn't I?"

She nodded slightly. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to. I don't know what's gotten over me. You're just driving me wild." He turned to look at her and then pulled her closer to him as if to protect her and gave her a kiss on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I'll take better care next time." 

"You're using me for sex?" 

"No. It's not like that." 

"Then what is it? To you?" 

"I'm in love with you Julie McLean. I know it's complicated, because of me being your boss, but I don't want us to be together just to have sex. I want to spend time with you doing other things too. I hope you feel the same about me too." 

"I fell in love with you too Walter Skinner."