♕ Chapter 1

All Rights Reserved

Bella Zamri © 2012

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This story is Princess Hours FAN FICTION. Please don't go and comment about how this story is very similar to the TV series because I'm aware of that. If you still mention about this, then you're really ...... 

Thank you

And the cast is almost as the same as Wizard of Waverly Place but it has nothing to do with magic! It has completely different plot.

          "I'm afraid there's nothing that we can do now, my lady. The King's condition is getting worse. The cancer has spread through his coronary artery. It may lead to stroke, and eventually..." he paused, trying to figure out the right word to speak to his princess, but then he realised that there is none, "death..." his word trailed off.

           The future queen fell onto the sofa just behind her, with one of her hands on her chest, trying to keep herself calm. How was she going to tell everyone? What would the people say if they knew that their King is dying? And the most important thing was, how will her mother-in-law react, if she found out?

         The doctor looked down. "I'm really sorry, your Highness. We're trying our best," he said. The middle-aged woman looked into his eyes. "You must, doctor. No matter what happens, you must," she said in a desperate and firm tone. "And the most important thing, no one must know," she said, warning him. 

             "But, his wife? She must knows, your Highness," the doctor was taken aback. He had been the royal family's private doctor for a long time. He must have felt guilty for not telling the truth to the queen, on her husband's condition. For him, she must know.

           The woman made a sharp eye contact; "No!" she stressed her word. "Not now. I will tell her myself when she's ready or when the King's really..." she stopped, not willing to pursue her words. "Promise me, doctor. The queen must not know this from you. Let me settle this matter."

           The doctor hesitated but nodded to please her. "Prince Edward? You will tell him, or this matter must be kept from him too?" he asked out of curiosity.

The princess said nothing and looked away. She was thinking hard, about her family and what would happen to them in the future, if the King passed away. Still looking away, she finally spoke, "I will speak to him. He must knows about his father," she said slowly, almost inaudible as the doctor nodded.

~~~

           She opened her eyes just enough to see the sunlight filling her bedroom. She heard her cell phone, issuing her alarm song, One Thing from One Direction. She reached for it and pressed the snooze button and went back to sleep.

           A few minutes later, she heard her bedroom door knock. "Mom," she whispered to herself. She grabbed a pillow from the other side of the bed and used it to cover her ears. The bedroom door then swung open and a middle-aged woman, brown haired stood in front of it, arms crossed to her chest. The woman marched towards her daughter's bed and pulled her pillow, harshly.

          "Mom!" Her daughter whined like a five-years old kid. "If you could notice, I'm trying to get some sleep here!" She said, her eyes were barely open.

           Her mother didn't tolerate with her, "Rose Humphrey, get up now! You have to go to school!" She screamed, and inched towards the window, pulling the flowery pink curtains.