♕ Chapter 10

And Prince Alex's picture on your right :P  --------> 

"I know this is your first ball and you've never been to one before," Seth said, sarcasm hitting every word. "But try to control yourself, and, the most important thing is..." he warned and leaned closer to Rose. She moved back a little further, afraid that he might do something to her. "Don't even try to embarrass me," he mouthed, their forehead almost bumping. Rose nodded and Seth moved away from her. 

         Rose frowned. When would he ever be nice to her? The limo pulled up and Rose looked outside the window. A lot of photographers were waiting for the guests to arrive, to take their pictures. Especially the future King and Queen's pictures. The driver opened the door for them and Seth got out first. The moment she stepped out from the limo, camera flashes hit her eyes. She could barely see around her.

       Seth took her arm and looped it into his. He smiled to the camera and raised a hand. Rose saw he was smiling so she did the same thing. She tried to smile as well as she could, even though the flashes were burning her eyes. She also tried her best not to loose her balance because as she was wearing four-inch high heels. They finally reached the main door and went into the building. 

        The ball was held in a big hall and had been organized by the mayor. It was held in celebration for the grand opening of a new bridge, which was opened for the citizens that morning. The doorman bowed at them, and so, Rose bowed back. But Seth coughed, to inform her that she doesn't have to bow back. Rose ignored him. The man opened the door for them. "Prince Seth Larston and his wife, Princess Rose Larston," he announced their arrival.

          All eyes were on them as she walked into the hall with Seth by her side. Some of them were smiling as Seth shook everyone's hands. Rose just smiled warmly. She then saw a table full of delicious food and desserts. She pulled Seth's arm, heading to the table. "Where are you going?" Seth whispered and stopped her from walking.

        "There," Rose said, pointing the table. She rubbed her stomach. "I'm hungry," she pleaded. Seth shrugged. "Is that all you think about? Eating?" Seth sneered. Rose nodded, causing him to sigh. "Fine. We'll eat after we find my friends," he struck a deal.

            "Your friends are here?" Rose asked bewildered. She thought that they were the only Maximillian's would be there. Plus, she felt slightly uncomfortable around his friends. They always looked at her like she had done something bad. Seth nodded and his eyes wandered around. At last, he spotted Luke and Alan, near the drinks table. "There," he said, and pulled her hand.

        Luke and Alan were joking around and having their drinks, when Seth showed up. "Hey man!" Luke greeted him, and they shook hands. He then glared at Rose, who was hiding behind him. Luke coughed. "So, just the two of you?" He broke the silence. Seth nodded. Alan was smiling brightly and gazing on Rose. "Wow Rose, you look hot," he said in awe.

         Rose shuffled her feet from one place to another, her cheeks turned to cherry-red. "Thanks," she said shyly, looking down to the floor. Luke shrugged and then patted Alan's back. "What are you talking about Alan?" he asked his weird friend.

          Alan laughed and pointed his hand to Rose. "Seriously, she's hot. Look!" He praised her again. Seth looked down, shaking his head. Alan is always weird that way but he was right. Rose did look beautiful tonight.

          "If she wasn't your wife Seth, she would definitely be my date tonight," Alan winked at Rose. She laughed and started to think that Alan was different from his friends. "Stop joking around Alan," Luke grumbled and hit his shoulder. Alan raised his hands. "I was joking dude," he said to Seth, who was crossing his arms to his chest, annoyed by his stupid act. Seth sighed. "Whatever," he said.