♕ Chapter 5

Two days, before the Royal Wedding of Rose Humphrey and Seth Larston, a special Royal Engagement ceremony was held. The ceremony was held in the palace. Rose and her family were invited to live in the castle, until the wedding day. Much to Ethan and Jace pleasant.

               "Wicked cool!" Ethan squealed and kept circling around Rose's chamber. Rose shook her head, and pulled Ethan's shirt. "Will you stop walking?" She grumbled.

             Then she turned to Jace, who had just got out from the bathroom. "And you, Jace. How many times do you have to use the bathroom?" She said, sarcastically. "The bathroom is even bigger than our house, Rose!" Jace said, in awe. Rose slammed herself onto the king size bed that was covered with white flowery comforter, shaking her head.

            Ethan climbed onto the bed and started to jump. "Even the bed is huge!" He cheered and kept on jumping. Rose who was annoyed, pulled his legs, causing him to fall onto the bed. "Stop acting like an idiot!" She thundered. Ethan stuck out his tongue and ignored his sister.

             He got up to his feet and jumped again. Jace was busy observing himself in front the huge dressing mirror (everything was huge in the palace). "Hello. I'm Prince Jace. How nice to see you," he said in a British accent. Rose slapped her forehead and gave in to her brothers. She pulled a pillow and covered her face using it, not willing to watch them acting stupid.

         The chamber doors were knocked on. Ethan stopped jumping, and climbed off from the bed. "Come in," Rose said and the doors were opened. Two maids came in; one holstering a pair of white four-inch high heels on a pillow and another one was bringing her engagement dress.

            She motioned towards them and beamed on the dress. It was beautiful - a short halter neck dark blue dress. "Miss Humphrey, you must get ready," the maid told her. Rose nodded before turning herself to her brothers.

           "Get out. I want to get dressed," she said, hands on her waist. She didn't even know why they were here in the first place. Her parents had gone to meet Madam Hartford, to discuss about her wedding. Ethan sighed. "Do we have to?" He pleaded, blinking his eyes. Rose raised and eyebrow and showed them the way out.

               "You're evil," Ethan blurted and inched out from the bedroom. "I know," Rose smiled. She then cleared her throat to alert Jace who was still beaming in front of the mirror. Jace then followed his brother and shut the doors behind. "Idiots," Rose sneered and took the dress from the maid.

        "You looked beautiful! I can't even recognize you now!" Her mother praised, when she got into the chamber. She was looking stunning as well - red classical dress and her hair was curled. Her father showed up from behind her, and Rose beamed at him.

               It was the first time she'd ever seen her father wearing a tuxedo. Rose grinned, and looked at the mirror. Yes, she looked different, with all the make-up. Her hair was pulled at the back, with little curls escaping around her face. "Thanks mom," she held her hand and got up to her feet. She glanced at the big old clock -7.30, almost time.

           She rubbed her hands together and kept circling around the room, trying to stay calm. "What's wrong?" Jen asked concern and held her daughter's shoulders. "Don't tell me that you're nervous? You have never been nervous!" She sneered before turning her eyes to Tom, who was smiling brightly. Ros chuckled and hugged her mother. Her father motioned closer to them.

              Rose let go of her, and saw that her eyes were filled with tears. "Don't cry," she said and wiped off her tears. "I just can't believe that you're getting engaged. And two days later, married!" Jen exclaimed and cupped her face. Rose grinned-feeling slightly disappointed as she realised that she was getting married to a man she never loved and barely knew.