0.4 ♣︎

≪ auburn ≫

i hate my father. hate isn't even a strong enough word for what i feel about him. i despise him. "did you have a boy in this house?!" he yelled. i backed up. "i saw a boy in here auburn!" he yelled even louder.

i shook my head. "i never did!" i yelled. i slowly backed up and ran upstairs to my room. i locked my door. even though he was yelling at me, and trying to get me to get out, i didn't. i instead texted sophia, asking if i could stay at her place for a while.

i packed my things in a bag, and waited until my father was in another room, to sneak out and get in my car. it took about an hour.

i ran with my bag, and school backpack to my car. my father saw me out of the window. i hurried and took off. he doesn't know where sophia lives, so in my favor, i knew i would be safe. she was waiting outside. i hugged her, not acknowledging anything around me.

until i stepped back, letting go, i saw caleb with his girlfriend. "you know them?" i asked her, pointing to the couple. "you know them?" she asked in an even more confused tone. i nodded. then caleb answered for me.

"yeah, she's friends with my buddy finn wolfhard." sophia smirked at me. "i didn't know my best friend had a boyfriend." she dragged out the word 'boyfriend'. "i don't."

caleb scoffed. "could've fooled me." he said under his breath. "what's that suppose to mean?" "you have that man pussy whipped." i rolled my eyes. "i only hung out with him like, twice." i told sophia, ignoring caleb at this point.

"but you still didn't answer my question on how YOU know them." "well, sadie met me at a football game, and we've been hanging out ever since." she smiled.

"why don't we invite finn over?" caleb suggested. sophia nodded excitingly. "yeah, i wanna meet him." she said winking at me. i rolled my eyes.

caleb began texting him. while he did that, me and sophia went in her house, so i could put my bags in her room. "so, how long are you staying here?" "can i stay here for, uhm, a while?" i begged.

"why?" "my dad again." she knows about my father situation. she recognized it as soon as i came to school with a bruise on my leg one day.

she nodded. "it's fine, but, my mom, i don't know how she'll feel, what do i tell her?" i shrugged. "make something up, i really can't stay at that house." i said.

"finns on his way!" i heard caleb shout from the hallway. we all gathered in her room. "tell him that he can just come in when he gets here." sophia said.

i pulled the sleeves of my sweater down to where they were covering my hands. i was lost in my own thoughts. i was thinking about what would happen if my father found out i was staying here.

i was worrying about if he would gets police to try and look for me, or if something happened to him. and would it all be my fault. but those thoughts were interrupted from hearing caleb scream, "finn we're in here dumbshit!" then the bedroom door opened.

it was finn, guitar in his hand, and smiling. he didn't look at any of us, he went straight to caleb. he turned his head, and saw me. "oh yeah, i forgot to tell you your girlfriend is here." he winked. "hey auburn." i didn't say anything to respond. but he still sat next to me on the floor.

"always with that guitar." i said. he sat it on the bed. "yeah, always." he chuckled. it was so awkward. not because finn came in, but because we all had nothing to say. sophia didn't know how to introduce herself to finn, and caleb was too into sadie and didn't talk to us.

so we were all quiet. sophia broke the silence though, "so, does anyone want anything to drink?" caleb continued staring into sadies eyes, but said, "no, we're good." she then looked at me and finn. "some water?" he said in more of a question. i nodded, "same thing?" sophia left the room.

"why does she have like 5 bags on her bed?" he asked. "i'm staying with her." i told him. i didn't wanna tell him the reason why. "cool, i should come over more then." was he flirting with me? or was i just being dumb.

"play me a song." i requested, pointing to his guitar. i'm pretty sure sadie and caleb weren't even looking our way at this point. he grabbed his guitar off the bed. "any requests?" "anything." i smiled.

he took the pick, and began strumming. he was really good. i heard sophia come back in the room. she sat the water bottles on the floor next to us. "you're really good." sophia complimented. "too bad i'm not straight or i'd date you." she said casually. he chuckled.

"that's my best friends job." she winked at me. i giggled. he is really cute. i'm open to try and date him. but i'm shy when it comes to making a move. always have been.

i act like such an idiot too. i got up. "i'm gonna go outside for a minute." "why?" finn quickly asked. "i just, i need to think." i walked out of her room. not in a dramatic way, normally.

i stepped outside her front lawn. i was a little worried of getting a call that my father was looking for me. cause to be honest, i didn't wanna go back. my phone vibrated.

it was my brother. 'where are you?' 'is dad with you' 'yeah, he says you just ran away'. i grew angry. 'great.' 'auburn melody meadows you better fucking tell me where you are' i left him on read.

i wasn't gonna tell him where i was. i was trying to stay away from my dad. and my own brother should understand. the front door opened. "hey." it was finn. "sorry about caleb and sadie, they started making out so me and sophia moved to the living room." he explained.

i nodded, "i'll be in in a minute, i was just texting my brother." "it's a little cold out, you probably should come in." he suggested. we stood in silence for a few seconds. "can i ask you a question?" "sure." i nodded. "are you angry with us?" i shook my head, "no, definitely not, just, i've had a rough day."

"i can make it better." "you can try." i said. he lowered his head, and kissed me. it wasn't a long kiss, but still a kiss. "now come on, it's cold." he grabbed my hand. he led me back into her house.

i was speechless. i truly wasn't expecting it. we sat on the couch across from sophia. "damn auburn, your face is really red." she laughed. i covered my cheeks. "it's cause i kissed her." finn explained. i lightly hit his arm, and he just laughed. sophia kept wiggling her eyebrows, "ooh." she dragged on.

"shut up." i said, embarrassed. they both laughed at me. soon everybody left, and it was me and sophia, and her parents.

we stayed in her room. "so, finn." she opened the conversation. "he's quite the hottie." she said. "sophia." i whined.

"hey, i say go for it. he's cute, nice, and has nice hair." "dude his hair is a fucking curly mess, what the fuck do you mean he has nice hair?" i started laughing. "besides that, i think you two should date." "i'll let you know what happens between us." "good, cause i'm nosy."

1308 words