1.2 ♣︎

TW: DRUGS

february

≪ auburn ≫

i was in my car. i was at the flower field. i looked at my phone.

9:27 pm
saturday, february 21

it was february. it was saturday. i was so confused.

the last thing i remember is getting into another huge fight with my dad. i looked through my messages.

i was still friends with sophia.

but i didn't see a finn in my phone.

i left my car, zipping up my jacket. my mind was messing with me.

i walked through the garden, and saw a familiar boy on a bench, just like in my 'dream'. if i can even call it that.

i looked at him, and asked, "do i know you?" he looked up from his guitar.

he looked me up and down. "no, i don't think so."

i was extremely confused now.

"why?"

"you just, uhm, you just look familiar."

he went back to lightly strumming his guitar.

i felt stupid. how come this boy was the same exact boy in my 'dreams', he was a figure of my imagination, i don't understand.

i walked away from him, trying to think. and i never fall asleep in my car either, it's too cold to.

i ran back to my car, still kinda disoriented.

i looked through my car to see if there was anything that would give me a clue as to what was going on. nothing.

i couldn't find a single thing. i was more frustrated at this point.

i remember that boy. that exact same boy. the name may have been different, but he was in my dream. or trip.

i looked in the back of my car. and i found the culprit. acid.

the bottle was half empty, and i remember getting it from my friend earlier today.

i was on an acid trip. that made sense. but in the trip, why was that same boy in it, i walked back over to him.

"hey, sorry, me again." he looked up from his guitar, looking a little frustrated.

"so, what's your name?" "finn." he responded.

"and this might be weird to ask, but do you have a girlfriend?" "uhm, yeah. i do, her name is millie."

okay now this was just fucking weird at this point.

how could i have an acid trip about someone i've never met before in my life?

it just didn't make sense. tonight is suppose to be the first night we met.

and in the trip, his ex was a girl named millie.

confused, i step back from him. "i'm sorry if i wasted your time." "you're alright."

i slowly backed up away from him. and walked back to my car.

i sat in the drivers side, and attempted to replay my trip over again in my head.

i looked at my phone. the last text i got was from sophia.

'yo cop me some weed , i'm tryin to smoke with ya tonight girlie'

i replied. 'sorry , i don't have any right now.'

she was probably asleep at this point, it's almost 10, she goes to bed early.

i turned my car on, and began to drive home. this trip fucked me up.

i swear he was the guy that i dated in my trip. maybe before i passed out i saw him, thought he was cute, and he ended up in my trip.

this whole situation scares me. i thought i was losing my mind. and maybe i am.

i got back home. the lights were still on in my house.

i quietly crept back to my room. closing the door, very quietly.

i got into my bed, shaking. i was nervous. the paranoia from the acid must've kicked in.

as much as i tried, i couldn't go to sleep.

i couldn't stop thinking about that finn guy. it seemed so real. i actually thought it was real. i thought i had died.

that's when i woke up. when i supposedly died.

i tried to calm myself down by taking some sleeping pills.

even though the hallucination wasn't real, it feels like it was.

i laid in my bed, and kept replaying it over and over again.

this was my worst and most vivid one yet.

i have a feeling i'm never gonna forget 'guitar boy'.

//

the book is officially complete. i would've updated last week but i was hella sick so i didn't feel like it. i'll also be updating my second book, and in the process of writing a new one.

753 words