1.0 ♣︎

≪ finn ≫

i finally got to caleb's house. i was so thankful for him letting us stay here tonight.

i let both of us in. caleb was in the living room. "so, i just have one question. why did you get kicked out of your house?"

i looked at auburn, and back at caleb. "well, my dad, he uhm, found a uhh-" "i'm guessing a condom or something?" he was joking, but that's really what my dad found.

his eyes widened, and he started laughing. "finn holy shit!" he busted out laughing. "that's great, that's amazing."

i rolled my eyes, "i'm going to your room." me and auburn started walking. "hey, no fucking allowed in my room!" he yelled jokingly.

we entered his bedroom, i closed the door behind her. "so we only have tonight."

she nodded, "where are we gonna stay after tonight?"

"i'll figure it out." "cause you're so good at that." she remarked quietly. "excuse me?" i looked at her.

"is the bullshit ever gonna stop finn?" she put her hands on her hips.

"what the hell are you talking about? i'm saving your ass right now." "are you really? cause if you were 'saving' me, then we would be in a stable place right now." she then crossed her arms.

i leaned back on caleb's bed. "auburn, it's gonna be okay, we just have to avoid your father. that's all."

"what about after tonight?" "we'll probably be staying at my brother's place. spring break is in 3 days, so we can stay there for the week." i offered.

she rolled her eyes. "fine." i smiled just a little bit.

caleb walked into the room. he had his phone in his hand, and when i looked at the screen, he was attempting to call sadie.

i rolled my eyes, "caleb, dude, if she wants to talk to you, she will." "man shut up." he snapped.

we all watched his phone ring 10 times before going straight to voicemail.

i looked at auburn, and grabbed her hand. "we'll be outside." i wanted to give caleb his space. he was sad about this whole sadie ignoring him thing.

me and auburn walked out front. the air getting warmer as the month went on.

i gazed at her. "did you ever think our relationship would get this far?" "what do you mean?" i shrugged. "well, we're dating, been dating for a few months now, that's a lot." "you've helped me through a lot guitar boy." she smiled.

"that stupid fucking nickname." i shook my head. "it's the first nickname i ever gave you." she defended.

"i low key loved it." i admitted. "yeah, i know. you referred to yourself as guitar boy." our eyes met. finally. everything felt perfect. everything felt right.

she brought her head up, and kissed me. but just when i thought everything was alright, we heard police sirens. the sound startled us.

in one of the police cars, i saw auburn' dad. "holy shit!" i yelled, i grabbed her hand.

i brought her back in the house, and i locked all the doors in the house. they're looking for us.

caleb freaked out. "man, what the fuck is going on?" "shh, shut up, police, they're out there, and they're looking for me and auburn."

"what did y'all do?" "she ran away from home. her dad's here, and he wants her." i explained, in a quiet panic.

"i knew this was gonna happen." she said, obviously distraught.

she covered her face, and we heard the footsteps of the policemen outside caleb's front door.

"open this door, we know you're in here." one of them said sternly.

i shook my head at both caleb and auburn, we quietly walked into the back of the house.

we tried our best to walk quietly so they couldn't hear our footsteps.

caleb hid in his bedroom closet, and me and auburn hid in the bathroom closet.

she whispered, "finn, i can't go back. my dad, he's crazy." "baby, i know." our relationship truly has been crazy.

i love auburn, but im not sure if i can keep hostaging her around.

i held her close to me, i wanted her to keep calm, even though the police broke into caleb's house, raiding the place.

we heard their every footstep. my heart raced with every footstep that got closer.

i covered suburbs mouth, she was on the verge of having a panic attack.

we heard a gunshot.

me and auburn flinched.

it was outside the bathroom. we didn't know what it was.

auburn screamed, and you could hear it, even with her mouth covered.

we heard a man bust through the door.

//

short chapter, but just a filler for what's to come.

790 words