Chapter 15

[Third person pov | The T&I Building]

Ibiki wasn't sure how this had happened, but it did. 

"Tell me where yet feckin' camp is!" Edryn screamed, punching the wall next to the man's head. The concrete cracked, eliciting a whimper from the slouched man. "I said nothing physical." Ibiki said in a dry tone. "I didn't touch 'im." Edryn defended, not breaking eye contact with the man. He shivered at the fire in the short girl's eyes. She was absolutely terrifying. "Tell me where yer camp is." She hissed at him, leaning closer. He tried to lean away, but couldn't any farther. His head had hit the wall.

Ibiki had told himself he wouldn't let Edryn be involved in any interrogations, but he'd let it happen anyway, so here they were. He had to admit, she was quite effective. "Tell me!" She screamed suddenly, earning a yelp. "F-Fine, fine! I'll tell you!" He wailed, tears pricking his eyes. "You feckin' better!" She screeched, aiming to punch him in the head. Ibiki reached down and swiped her up before she could land a blow. "Hey, I said nothing physical." He hissed. "Then turn the other feckin' way!" She elbowed him, squirming restlessly. He ended up dropping her with she tried to bite his arm.

"Spit it th' feck out." She ordered the criminal they'd found lurking around Konoha's wall, evidently trying to find a way in. "It's to the west, four miles! By a waterfall, I swear!" He held his hands up, the chains attached to his shackles clanging as he did so. Ibiki stared at him with an expertly blank face. There was a waterfall four miles to the west, so at least that much was true. "We'll look into it." He said coldly, glaring at the criminal, who flinched pathetically. "What, that's it?!" Edryn whined as Ibiki turned on his heel, stalking towards the door. "Yes, now come on. I have paperwork to do." He grumbled. Edryn scoffed at him in response, but followed nonetheless. Before she left, she turned to glare at the prisoner she'd just scared nearly to death, doing the 'I'm watching you' signal with her fingers.

The man gulped.

~

"How're you done already?" Ibiki looked at the perfectly sorted stacks of paper. "I'm fast." Edryn provided with a simple shrug. "It's been less than fifteen minutes." Ibiki would have to bring this kid in more often if she could sort papers that fast. He wondered what else she could do to lighten his work load. "Yeh, well, feck you. I can be fast." Edryn took his words as an insult, flipping him off with both hands. He rolled his eyes in response, going back to reading over the boring page in hand. Edryn looked at the ceiling, bored.

"Can I at least explore?" She questioned. "No." Ibiki said in a dry tone. "But yer borin'." She groaned, flopping down into the chair Ibiki had pulled up for her to sit in. Ibiki snorted at her. "And I don't care. Deal with it, you impatient brat." Ibiki snapped in response. Edryn groaned in response, kicking her legs up. She looked around for something to do, because there was no way she couldn't find at least one thing to do. Edryn prided herself in being resourceful, so surely she could find something.

And she did.

"Can I mess with yer potted plant over there?" Edryn nodded to the split-leaf philodendron, which looked on the verge of death. With the edges of it's leaves browning, and it's limbs drooping sadly. "Tch, that thing? It's just about dead anyway." Ibiki glanced at it only briefly. He was pretty sure he'd watered it twice after getting it before becoming too busy to care. He was never one for plants anyway. Gift from a co-worker or not, he really didn't want the bother of taking care of something so high maintenance. That was part of the reason he was so annoyed about getting Edryn placed in his care. 

Edryn slid out of her seat and walked over to the plant, which almost seemed to reach out to her as she approached. She frowned at the weak and dying specimen, which leaves lightly bobbed in her presence as it struggled to try and communicate with her. Edryn lightly touched the plants leaves. "You only watered 'im twice?" Her face twisted, and she turned to Ibiki, who had looked up from his work just to raise his eyebrow at her. "How'd you know that?" He questioned. Edryn scoffed at him in slight-disgust, turning back to the plant and petting it. It perked up. Ibiki watched with mild-surprise as it's leaves began to sway happily.

"It's moving." He stated simply. "Nice goin', Mr. Obvious. I didn't notice." She didn't turn away from the plant. Ibiki watched as her hands began to glow a deep green. It wasn't the same as medical chakra used for healing wounds. He watched her stroke the plant softness he didn't think she was capable of. The plant popped right up as though it hadn't just been on the verge of death, it's leaves loosing their brown shade, and becoming even more vibrant. The leaves bounced happily, one of them rubbing up against Edryn's cheek. The girl laughed, playfully shoving it away as though it were a puppy. Ibiki pursed his lips.

Interesting.