Two: Why?

I sighed as I turned too my Squad "You are all dismissed from today until further notice" I say. I walked away before they could speak. I was pissed. But beyond. How dare Flagon say that too me? Ill make sure I leave a permanate Scar on him when I was through. As I walked across the Courtyard too follow Flagon, I peered at the Three kids. Something wasn't right. I knew this from experience. I was a thief of the black market afterall. I looked at them closely. They walked casually, but also not. It was like a facade. Although it looked like they were just following Flagon, they weren't. They walked with purpose. What were they up too? I would have too keep an eye on them. Wether no one believed me or not, I listened to me. And if I see something wrong. I'm sure of it. But, I wasn't going too say anything until I'm sure if it.

   "Flagon" I said formally as I caught up with him and his new recruits. The young man leaped in his skin at my sudden voice. "Jesus Christ Emma!" He said. I growled. "You are in no position too approach me by my first name Rullet" I hissed. My gas tanks clanked at my hips. The only thing that filled the silence that came in. "Your not a nice person" Flagon mumbled. I shot him a dark look. "Watch what you say then! I don't need more people talking about my past okay? If you cant accept me for what and where I came from, then you might as well shut the hell up. I don't take shot from no one" I heard multiple footsteps behind us. But me nor the others turned too see who it was. We already knew. "Captain, are you okay? You were yelling" Melina said. She was flanked by Nathen, johnathen and Sauer.

    "You took that too far Flagon" Nathen said with venom. I gave him a skeptical look. Flagon whirled around and barked. "Why are you following me Nicholls? You don't do things without a Purpose" yeah, just like the past. I thought. I didn't care what he said. He might be right. But I have my own buisnuiss too do. And no one was gonna know about it. "You need too learn too keep your subordinates under control Nicholls. There too devoted too you" Flagon said after I had ordered them too leave. I was walking beside Isabel. My arms behind my back. "Take back what you said soldier. It's good that there loyal too me. That means I could do the impossibles"

   Flagon scoffed. "Yeah right, I bet in the end your squad will turn against you. And I wouldn't blame them. Who would want too follow a Thug from the streets that's done nothing but play people? Who knows, you could be Plotting something right now" I was speechless. Flagon would do the accasional mockery, but he would never go this far. My mouth was half-open in shock. My blue eyes were outlasted from my wide eyes. My hands were about too grab my swords, but a certain person barked "You can't talk too Her like that" it was the red-head, Isabel. She was stareing at Flagon with hatred. I was still speechless? Was she. . . Standing up for me? The only people too stand up for me was my team.

     Flagon snapped his attention to her. "Why y--" I stopped him. "Stop it Flagon. Just do your job. I'll take care of there attitudes" I folded my arms as I stood in front of the kids. Flagon just scoffed as he stormed ahead. "I believe we got off onto a wrong start" I said too Isabel as I walked with the three kids. Isabel smiled brightly at me "It's okay! It happens too everyone right?" I nod thoughtfully. "So, you are from the underground?" I asked. I looked too Farlan and Levi. "Yes" Farlan said, a little on edge. "Hey, I'm not insulting you. I'm from that place as well"

   "So that's what he ment?" Isabel gasped. I looked at her weirdly. Did she not get it like that? She must not catch on quickly. "Yes. I did something I should not have done" I lowerd my head as I spoke softly. "We will discuss things when you are alone. I would hate it if someone found you out" I straightened up as I walked faster. But, I still could hear them talking. "Does she know?" I heard Farlan say in horror. "We're dead" Isabel said. Levi looked at his friends. "Shut your mouths. Don't say anything. She might just be fooling with us. There is no way a she has figured I'd out" he said. "But she is from the underground district Levi. I've heard of her before from Jan, she's the queen of thieves. She knows a conspiracy like that"

   I knew Levi was trying too do. Keep his concerns in. But that won't last long. "Here's were you will be sleeping" said Flagon as he opened a door too A room. "Yahoo! We get Too share a room together!" Isabel said excitedly as she jumped in the room. I leaned against the door of the room. "Women have different rooms" said Flagon. "What?! But I want too stay in here" Isabel complained. I scoffed "Tch, you scared of something Flagon? I have my Subordinates share a room. The only thing is is that they share different beds. Let the girl stay in here. There's no harm" Flagon shot a look at Me. "We cant do that. It's going ag--" I stopped him with a hand. "I'm the higher up, your just a Captain. My words mean law. Let her stay. Or--" I popped my knuckles and neck. "I can beat you. I already picture on how I'm going too do it. Would you rather just let the girl stay in here, or would you rather get beaten?"

   The atmosphere was thick with tension as I waited for Flagon's response. Reluctantly, the young man nodded, not saying anything. Levi and his friends stared in shock. "Fine. Try and stay clean would you? Since your from the underground" i watched as Levi said "Huh?" He glared down Flagon. I sat on the bunk bed closest too him. I folded my arms. "How dare you use an attitude like that too your Captain?" Flagon said. I snorted. "Attitude? Flagon, please. I give you that look 24/7. Don't be set off by this guys glare. Whimp" Farlan stepped in and said "I'm sorry! Levi didn't mean that" he said as he saluted wrong too Flagon. "Tch" he said. "Your saluting wrong. Training starts tomorrow morning" he said as he left the room.

   He closed the door behind him. I didn't move from my spot. I leaned against the bunk bed as I looked at the kids. "So, you gonna explain yourself? Or am I gonna have too spill it out for you?" Levi glared at me. "How do you know?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes as I fixed my black scarf around my neck. "Tch, I know a Conspiracy when I see it, I've played it and seen it. Who's sent you here? What is your goal?" I never once wavered my gaze on Levi. I knew and he knew. We both knew that I knew. He couldn't lie his way out. Nor his friends. "I'm waiting" I said. I folded one Leg over another. "I've got all day. I have all my paperwork done and dinner is not until an hour or so. So, go ahead, spill" after Farlan nodded his head. Levi looked at me. And he started talking.

***

  I leaned back back in the bink bed and whistled. "So, Lobov huh? Bastard" I said as I ran my hands through my hair. Nothing came good out of the guy. He was nothing but bad trouble. Isabel nodded. She was seated beside me. Everyone Was solemn. "You have too kill Erwin too do it?" I asked softly. A sickening feeling was settling in my stomach. And my face was paler then usual. I could stay tough infront of everything, except for this. These kids have no idea what they have gotten into.

    "Emma? Are you okay?" Isabel asked. I didn't correct her. I honestly didn't care if the three adressed me by my first name. We were all part of the same thing. But they don't realize it. We all came from the same place. Levi stared intently at me. I didn't care. "Do you know something?" Farlan said. Memories of my past came rushing back too me. Stuff I've tried too forget. But it wasn't working. Hina and Carlos Came rushing back too me.

    I brought my knees up too my chest and held in a sob. It was because of my own careless mistake that they were dead. Why did that bastard have too do This? He's going too ruin them. Ruin! Isabel shook my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Emma? Is there something you need too say?" Levi demanded. He was inches from my face. I nod as I got up. I started too pace as I ran my hands through my hair. This was it. I was gonna tell someone. "You all might want too get comfortable. It's my story of my past" Levi stood as Farlan sat beside Isabel. I took a deep breath as I exhaled "okay. It all happened when me abd two Collegues of mine were assigned too do something from a powerful man"

 It all happened when me abd two Collegues of mine were assigned too do something from a powerful man"