A Doubted Legend

"That was so fake." Jake told his friends. "I could've made something better than that." Jake wasn't exactly one to get scared easily, or even believe in anything close to it. His friends Sam and Kara exchanged confused looks, first at each other, then at Jake. "What do you mean?" Sam asked Jake. "Everyone knows about her." That was only part true, this was Jake's first Halloween in this town, he was originally from the city, and even there he heard better stories than this one. "You guys actually believe this stuff do you?" Jake asked annoyed. "There's no way that ever happened, it's stupid." Kara gave him a concerned look. "You've never heard of the medallion of the haunted, have you?" Kara asked. Jake turned towards her and got confused. "The what now?" The Medallion of the Haunted was the necklace Nanny Clownface used to trap the children's souls to be her prisoners and do exactly what she commanded of them. "Not only that, whoever can get their hands on it before Halloween night can be protected from her magic when she comes." Kara told Jake. Jake shook his head with disbelief. "Why before Halloween night, something bad happens when you don't?" He asked sarcastically. He looked at his friends to see worried faces. Jake rolled his eyes and laughed. "I'm just saying the story was great and all, but you guys aren't that believable." Kara gave him a stern look and walked over to a dresser and grabbed a picture from it. She walked towards him, showing him the picture. "Remember this day?" She asked sounding aggravated. Jake looked at the picture, it was the three of them in a cemetery that they went to when he first moved here. "Yeah so, what's your point?" Jake asked looking at Kara. Kara pointed at a tomb right behind them in the picture and told him to look at the name engraved on it. Jake shook his head and rolled his eyes, but he looked anyway and the engraved name was Nancy Brown. "Okay that's the woman's name, so what?" He said in disbelief. "That doesn't prove that she's Nanny Clownface." Suddenly Jake's phone went off, he looked to see a text from his mom asking when he was coming home. "Should be there before dinner, see you later." He replied back. He put the phone away and put the picture back on the dresser. When he turned around something odd happened. The power suddenly turned out, it was pitch black and Jake couldn't see anything, he could only hear footsteps around him in the room. "That's new, wonder what happened." He thought to himself as he felt his way across the room. As he walked around the room Jake heard a loud thud and something slammed onto his foot. "AAHHH!" He yelled in pain. He tripped fell on the ground and put his hand on his foot. Before he could say anything, something went over his head and smelled of onions. Jake struggled to get the bag off his head but had no luck. He was being dragged by someone out of the house and heard a car door open. From there he panicked and tried to yell but the onion stench was suffocating him. He then tried kicking and punching instead, he had no luck with that either and was thrown into the car, breathing fearfully as the door closed. The car was then turned on and pulled out of the driveway. "What's happening, where are they taking me?!" He asked himself, a fearful chill rushed up and down his spine.