The Medallion's power

Jake woke up and found himself off of the bench and on the ground. A shiver shot up his spine as he got to his feet. "Hello, is anyone there?" He asked. He looked around, everything was dark and foggy. There wasn't a single sound as he walked around. The air was freezing and Jake could see his breath in the air. "Sam? Kara?" He asked in the darkness. "If anyone's there, this isn't funny." Suddenly a breeze flew by him, making his skin crawl. "Hello Jake." A woman's voice said behind him. Jake slowly turned around and saw Nanny Clownface standing there, glaring at him. "It's almost time Jake." She said to him. "You will return it to me." Nanny Clownface pointed to the medallion and smirked. Jake shook his head in fear and started running the other direction, but Nanny Clownface appeared right in front of him. "It was the children who did this." She said grabbing his arm. "Now all of them will pay." She lost her grip and Jake fell onto the ground and couldn't get up. "Jake." Nanny Clownface repeated. Just then Jake opened his eyes to see the fog and Nanny Clownface were gone and it wasn't dark. "Jake, are you okay?" A voice asked, causing him to jump. It was Kara with Sam behind her. "Wha-what happened?" Jake asked as he got to his feet. "Where did she go?" Jake told them what he saw and how everything seemed real. Sam shook his head. "The medallion creates an illusion of messages that she wants to send." He said. "There's a point when it has the power to force you to her." Jake looked at him confused. Kara explained that on Halloween before nightfall, the medallion has the power to manipulate someone into returning it with no problem. "As long as you can stay awake before everyone starts trick or treating, everyone will be safe." Kara said. "Which means I can't fall asleep the night before." Jake said. "You guys know I sleep in a lot." Sam and Kara nodded at him. "Don't worry, I've got a plan to help you survive the night." Sam said. "But the medallion will fight back and drain your energy." As much as he didn't like the sound of it, Jake knew he was right. They decided he would spend the night at their house and they would have all the supplies. Over the next few days, the group gathered everything that they needed for the plan as well as for Halloween itself. The closer it got to Halloween, the more drained Jake felt. Even with the sleep he had, it was getting more difficult to keep himself up. School didn't help much either, not that he figured they would. He would often find himself dozing off and then seeing things. He would see different things each time. It wasn't always Nanny Clownface, it was also the children she had captured. They would tell him either to give the medallion to her or to keep it away. No matter whether the dreams were scary or not, Jake would always be jumping when he woke up. "Please tell me you guys found a way to stop this." He said to Sam when he met up with him. Sam nodded and handed him a Monster drink. "You sure this'll help?" Jake asked, still feeling out of it. Sam nodded. "With how much is in this it'd be surprising if not." He replied. "This should at least last you till Halloween." Jake drank some of the soda and nodded as he felt himself perking up. "Much better." He said. He made it through the rest of the day, but experienced a new effect from the medallion. Every now and then he would see or hear someone who wasn't there more frequently. "You can try all you want." He said looking at the medallion. "I'm not taking it back." He knew Nanny Clownface was listening at the other end, but didn't think of the consequence. A sudden burst of fear and pain jolted in his body. This wasn't like anything he felt before. Jake could feel himself burning while feeling like he was getting crushed by something heavy. Images flashed in his mind of flames and the amusement park. He heard a woman's laugh as a figure flew through the flames around him. There were children here too, they're expressions were difficult to understand. Jake realized immediately that they were all pale and he was looking at their heads. "You should've never took the medallion." All of the children's heads said. "She'll come for you now, and then you can join us." Jake then felt something touching his shoulder and jumped. He turned around and the images stopped. There was no one behind him. He looked around, everything was silent. The next few days were easier, but now was going to be his biggest challenge. Now he had to survive Halloween night.