The Medallion

The drive seemed to go on for hours, at least it felt that way. Jake tried his best to memorize every twist and turn, that way he knew where to tell someone how to find him. "Wait a minute, my phone?!" He thought to himself. "Oh great, I left it at Sam and Kara's house!" That's when he realized that the whole time he was the only person grabbed. Where were Sam and Kara, were they beside him or was this a one grab kidnap. Jake tried to think positive but got nowhere, it was harder with the onion bag on his head, it smelled like Sam's closet for the "haunted room" experience he was going to have. "Wait a minute, you've got to be kidding me." He thought to himself. He rose his hands and realized that they weren't even tied. He took off his mask slowly and saw both Sam and Kara in the front seats, neither of them noticed him. "Okay kidnappers, think fast." Jake reached the door handle and opened the door, jumping out and quickly rolling off the road. The car braked and drove into the lot, Sam and Kara raced over to him. "That was stupid!" Sam said. Jake laughed as they headed towards him. "Then tie me up next time, and maybe not put an onion bag over my head." Jake told him. "Where are we anyway?" Kara and Sam pulled him up and he looked around to find himself in the middle of nowhere. A few feet away, there was an old fairgrounds, abandoned for years. "This is the place where her story is told." Kara said calmly as she and Sam walked towards it, Jake slowly followed. "Okay so why are we here?" He asked as they entered the fairgrounds. Everything was either broken down or just collapsed, some things were even torn to shreds. Kara and Sam never answered him and just kept walking. They walked throughout the entire park until they reached the largest rollercoaster. It had broken tracks, cobwebs, and smelled like it had turned into a dump instead. "Over there." Kara said pointing into the shadows of the roller coaster. They walked through the bottom of the ride and saw an old skeleton with a brown cloak and a clown mask. Jake noticed a medallion around its neck, going for a closer look. "We need to take it with us." Sam said to him. Jake turned towards him confused. "Why, what for?" He asked. Sam told him that if they took the medallion away from her, they could find a way to break her curse before Halloween night. Jake looked back at the skeleton and the medallion began to glow. Sam and Kara were about to warn him to wait, but were too late. Jake grabbed the medallion and unclipped it from the skeleton. Just then the sky grew darker, a storm cracking the sky. Lightning flashed with the loudest thunder Jake had ever heard before. The wind blew hard and Jake turned to look at the skeleton, its eyes glowing a bright green. "Give it back!" He heard a voice say in his head. "Give it back or you'll never see the light of day!" Hearing this, Jake put the medallion on and ran back to the car, Sam and Kara quickly following. As they ran off, the skeleton rose from the ground and came to life, flying towards them. They reached the car and quickly got in. "Alright I got it." Jake said as he was catching his breath. "Let's get out of here!" Nanny Clownface was flying towards them and fast. Sam quickly started the car and raced out of the park, Nanny Clownface flying not far behind. "We have to beat her through the barrier before it closes!" Kara said pointing out in front of them. Jake looked and saw the road flashing, getting dimmer and dimmer. Just then the medallion began to glow brightly, there was something different this time. Jake heard a voice say something in his head, it was in Greek, oddly he understood it. "Öffne die Schranke." He said out loud, the road flashed once again long enough for them to ride straight through. "You speak Greek?" Sam asked. "When did this happen?" Jake shook his head in disbelief. "I have no idea." He said as he looked at the medallion. "Well you need to keep an eye on that medallion." Sam said to Jake, his eyes growing wide. "Oh no, no way!" Jake said. "You wanted it, you take!" He tried to take it off but the medallion wouldn't budge or unclip. "It has to be you." Kara said. "Your the one who grabbed it." She reminded him. A few hours later, they rode the car in front of Jake's house. Jake got out of the car and tried once again to take off the medallion, no luck. "Hey, you still Halloween shopping with us soon?" Sam asked him. Jake nodded and then rolled his eyes when Sam reminded him about protecting the medallion. He assured them that he could handle it and they drove off. Jake entered the house, empty rooms everywhere. He found a note on the fridge from his mom. Had to work late tonight, dinner's in the fridge.-Mom. The note read. He opened the fridge to find some chicken and took it to his room. He pulled out his laptop and sat on his bed. A strange email appeared on the screen, no email address. You have not won! See you on Halloween night. The email read. Jake closed his laptop and put it away. He decided to go to bed and worry about it tomorrow.