Chapter 11: Numb

Hunter

"She's gone."

I instantly grew angered as the words left my lips. There were bottles strewn all around the room, clearly empty ones.

It was a sight that I had seen several times, a sight that ruined a lot of things. A sight that I had grown tired of cleaning up and attempting to fix. The outcome of sights like these were never good.

Ever.

"What do you mean?" He slurred, attempting to stand up but only sliding back down the wall. He was obviously not in a reasonable state of mind. I sighed and mentally wished that the others had hidden Cameron's poison better. Everyone knew of his alcoholic ways and I had been almost positive that it was all out of his reach.

"We caught her scent but we couldn't track it," I trailed off warily.

He had never reacted that badly to alcohol before. He hadn't even reached the amount that he usually did. An unintelligible slur slipped past his lips as I got closer. "Alpha?" I whispered, a horrible feeling settling in my stomach, knowing that calling him alpha always got his attention. He hated it when either Derek or I called him alpha, he said it was too official for people who are that close to him to call him that.

I watched as his eyes closed and his body slumped against the wall. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong. I quickly picked up one of the full bottles and cracked it open. I smelt the contents, using my heightened senses to identify the scent.

Wolfsbane.The one thing strong enough to kill any wolf. In high doses, it could put a wolf into a coma or even worse, a deathbed. I tensed and began to shake. Someone was threatening the alpha, someone was threatening the pack.

Get in here now, bring the anti-dote to Wolfsbane. We have a problem. I mentally spoke to the pack doctor in an urgent tone, rushing to Cameron's side.

Yes sir. The answer came back immediately. I laid Cameron out on his back and checked his pulse, it was slow. Almost too slow to be beating. I backed away as soon as the pack doctor steeped in, giving her space to do her job. Fear and worried filled me as I watched her inject his motionless body.

"Do you know how we got Wolfsbane?" She questioned sternly, obviously concerned for her Alpha.

"No." I said, "I have to go find Derek, he needs to know." She nodded and I rushed out the door.

Elizabeth

It wasn't a surprise, now that I had the chance to think about it. He was bound to find someone better, someone more attractive. I mean, he isn't ugly, he's far from it.

He could have any girl he wanted and he knew it, and now he grabbed the chance to have that. The room was dark, but I wasn't even concerned about where I was.

I didn't care that my entire body was throbbing with pain, none of that matter anymore. I lost my mate, life was pointless. The one person who was made to love me didn't want me. I sighed and looked through the small, barred up window. I could see the bright blue sky and trees swaying in the distance. I had no desire to be out there though, no desire to even breath.

"You're awake." A voice bellowed out from across the room, and I forced myself to look in that direction. It was a man, he appeared to be quite a bit older than me, at least twice my age. There was something familiar about him, like I had seen him somewhere before. I didn't think too much on it though, I was too drained. I watched as he came closer. Fear was in my mind but I made no move to get away from him.

"If you are going to kill me, go ahead." I whispered, my voice raspy. He smiled a gross yellow-teethed smile and shook his head.

"Oh honey, I don't want to kill you. I want you to be pained. I want to see you hurt." He was still smiling at me as he pulled out a syringe full of a orange liquid. Any normal person would have backed away and tried to escape, or at least try and talk him out of whatever he was planning.

But me, I lifted my arm for him to inject. He looked beyond shocked. It was clear that he wanted some sort of reaction from me because he soon became angered. He grabbed my arm and stabbed the needle into me. I didn't even flinch, it was like I was numb.

My mind was numb.

My heart was broken.

I, I was done.