8.

"Have this.."Soha extended a glass of warm milk in front of him "...you will feel much better.."

"Thank you.."he nodded his head and took the glass from her.

"How are you feeling now.."Aryaman's voice was etched in concern.

"I am feeling much better.."he took a sip of the milk. "This is really nice..thank you."he thanked Soha who nodded her head and smiled. "Your welcome.."

"But what happened exactly.."Aryaman's question halted him in his tracks. He let out a sigh and answered. "Honestly I don't remember anything.."

"What.."this time Madhyam spoke. "How is that possible. You got attack by some god knows what supernatural creature and you are saying that you don't remember it.."

"Yes..that's exactly what I am saying.."he said looking straight into Madhyam's eyes. "I only remember going into the dark forest to patrol...just like other nights..but I honestly don't remember anything after that.."

"What did you exactly remember..can you please tell us that much.."Aryaman requested.

"I just remember that I was patrolling the boundaries of that jungle like every other night to make sure that everything is fine. I was about to get back when out of nowhere I heard someone screaming.."

"That held me on my tracks. The way that person was screaming it sounded like as if someone was severely wounded and writhing in sheer pain. That sound could have resulted in demise of many due to cardiac arrest.."

"I wanted to help that person..so I ran towards the direction from where the sound was coming...but I couldn't find anyone.."

"I was frantically looking for any sign of that person who was howling in pain..but I couldn't.."

"Though I couldn't see anyone but the range of sound continued to increase as I continued to go deeper into that forest...so I knew I was getting close to that person..."

"But unfortunately I lost my way..and soon the batteries of my torch ran out too.."

"I knew I was in trouble...but at that point of time I couldn't care any less about it as all I wanted to do was to help that person.."

"But as soon as I reached the middle of the dark forest the sound stopped..."

"As I didn't knew where I was I tried running back but before I could do that I felt someone's gaze on me.."

"Since it was too dark I couldn't see anything clearly.."

"But soon I saw pair of two eyes that were shining like stars in the dark which was enough to scare the living daylight out of me.."

"So without thinking I ran.."

"I ran..and ran...and ran.."

"But somehow I could feel that "thing" right behind me...no matter how fast I ran.."

"Soon my energy gave up.."