14.

"Anything else.."Navya stopped abruptly only to look at Nandini who was staring right back at her with amused expression. As Navya knew what Nandini wanted to hear so she sighed and finally spoke the words out loud "...Nandini.."

Nandini finally smiled and replied "Nope..not right now..if I will need anything I would let you know Navya..but for now you are free to go back home as you are done for the day.."

"Are you sure.."Navya asked.

However before Nandini could answer someone else spoke "Yes she is.."

Both Navya and Nandini turned around only to find Manik walking in. "You heard her..your work is done for the day..you can leave now.."Manik ordered her authoritatively.

"Yes My Lord.."saying this Navya simply bowed down in front of him and without looking at anyone she simply walked away from there.

"God Manik...you are impossible.."Nandini's words caught his attention. He looked back at her only to find her scowling at him which only confused him. "What..what did I do now.."

"Are you serious Manik...you literally scared the hell out of Navya and you are asking me what did you do.."Nandini rolled her eyes in annoyance. " Can't you behave nicely with anyone for real...why you have to be such a MONSTER all the time."

"Nandini.."Manik was about to argue what Nandini cut him off "let it be Manik..anyways did your friends left.."

"Yes they did.."Manik smiled out of nowhere which only confused Nandini. "Why are you smiling like this.."

"You seriously asking me this Nandini...after what you did Alia.."Manik snorted. "And you called me a MONSTER"

Nandini scowled "Are you complaining" which only made him smile even more. "Of course not.."raising both his hands in air he continued "I can never even dare Ms. SHE DEVIL"

"Hmm..."Nandini smirked in response. "SHE -DEVIL" she tested the word. "I like it.." she looked at Manik only to continue "It's perfect...don't you think...after all..ONLY A SHE DEVIL CAN HANDLE A MONSTER..correct"

"Of course.."Manik smiled as well. "Can't agree with you more...in fact even my friends agree with me as well...they say WE ARE A PERFECT MATCH."

The moment Manik said the words something changed in Nandini's eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Manik.

He was about to say something but once again Nandini cut her off "Are you sure Manik that I am only your perfect match..and not someone else."

Her words froze Manik for a second which was enough to break Nandini's heart "What happen Manik..have no answer for my question.."

When he didn't replied she asked again "Tell me na Manik am I the only one to whom you said these words.."

Manik could feel the acrimony in Nandini's words which got too much for him to bear so unable to take it anymore he finally uttered the words out loud "YOU ARE THE ONE FOR WHOM I MEANT THESE WORDS"

"Wow Manik Malhotra...i am honoured."Nandini replied sarcastically. "I am sure you would have even given the very same answer when SHE asked you this question..haven't you Manik."

"If I say No would you believe me.."Manik questioned her back. "Would it make any difference if I say that you the only one who ever touched my heart and gave hope and meaning to my directionless life.."