.4

"Dear Whitney of Ask Whitney:

I've decided. I am going to steal her from her boyfriend. I know it's wrong and totally hypocritical, but I can't keep looking at her knowing how I feel, knowing how it feels to kiss her and not do anything about it. I need to do this. Go ahead and call me an asshole because I know I am, but this girl is worth it.

- Me."

Holly read the message twice before marking it unread. Quickly shutting her laptop she laid back on her bed, staring up at the ceiling above her. What was she supposed to do?

It wasn't until the next morning did Holly answer the message.

"Dear Me:

Go for it! You deserve to be happy."

Was all she could think of typing. She hit send before pulling her body from her bed. It was Sunday. Just like any other Sunday, Mel had left a breakfast platter on the island and a neatly written note about the errands she needed to run.

Holly didn't bother reading the note – it was always the same. She went straight for the food, pulling the lid off and digging in. A grin spread across her lips as the softness of pancakes hit her tongue, the crunch of bacon, the eggs. It was like everything was right with the world.

Then a ding. Followed by two more.

Sophia

Movie day!

Meet at Holly's?

Kaden

Yess! I feel like I haven't seen my girl in forever.

A group chat. Holly nearly rolled her eyes.

Holly

I know it sucks :/

You guys can come over whenever!

The conversation continued like that. Messages from Joy, Leanne, Lynn, Alex, Asher all confirming that they'd be there. When Holly went to get in the shower she was almost happy. It was looking like it was going to be a relaxing day. Movies, junk food, and her closest friends.

Holly went through her shower routine, coming out and pulling on a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt. She tied her long locks in a bun at the top of her head before sinking into her bed, picking up her phone to catch herself up with the chat.

Leanne

I invited Jackson! He's going to bring the new Annabelle movie.

Heartbeat rising, Holly knew what this meant. If she invited Jackson that only meant that he invited Lincoln and if both of them were going to be there that meant their new best bud Justin would be making an appearance as well. It was just science. Today wasn't going to be as relaxing as she thought.

Having her boyfriend and the guy that she's shamefully pining for in the same house, in the same room, was not going to end well. It was too late to tell everyone to just stay at their own houses and how rude would that be, they were all so excited. She knew that she was just going to have to suck it up.

So that's what she did. Drowned the rest of her morning in reruns of How I Met Your Mother and waited for her friends to arrive. It was a little bit after three when the first knock came at the door. Holly got up, letting Joy, Lynn, Sophia and Alex in.