Madness

Author's Notes: As always thanks for all the comments from the last chapter. I tell you that Samael is one crazy mother. I always assumed you know if he was God's favorite son then he would be the one to do all the dirty deeds. He would be the one to punish, and he probably loved it a lot. I mean after all he was made ruler of hell. I think this will be the first one of my stories that makes it to the meaning of hell. I wanted to use the whole theory of the fall in all of my stories, and it seems like this one will be the first one that will make it to that revelation. So I just want to let you know you will probably hear this theory of mine again so don't get all angry if I mention it like months from now in Breathe or Devil Side two great stories that I will be getting back to, but I'm thinking you guys love this story for now so lets continue it shall we? On to the next.

Chapter 6: Madness

Chloe was stunned. Had that just happened, he had pulled his wing out of nowhere, and did he turn it into a weapon? He had cut that guy's hand off. It was gone now, and the man just stood there screaming obviously going into shock.

"Oh my god!" shrieked the bartender.

"Take my father's name in vain again and I'll cut out your tongue!" he spat pointing at the bartender.

"Lucifer!" Chloe shouted.

It was her. He had seen her earlier at the house. She was like a beam of brightness, and cookies. She gave him a warmth that he had never felt before, and he wanted to reach out to her. He wanted to go to her.

"Chloe." He gasped.

*RE*

Maze had finally come out of the hold that Lucifer had on her. It was Chloe. She didn't know what they were to each other, but she would figure that out later. Right now she had to help all of these people out of the bar. Amenadiel didn't have all of his powers, but maybe just maybe he could help change the minds of the people to what they were seeing right now. Even if they couldn't do that, they had to get them out of there and now.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked again.

"I'm not the man I use to be detective. Father has decided that I'm worthy again, he's giving me back my grace, and although a part of me will miss freewill, a bigger part has realized my mistake. I'm not going back to hell, and he's allowing me to stay here so I shall, but I have to make him pay for what he did to Shep. He was my friend, and he didn't deserve it.

"Shep was a con artist, you don't know the real Shep, you only know the man that he was pretending to be, if you think that I'm bad, you'd cringe at Shep." He said through gritted teeth.

"Silence." Lucifer growled.

Chloe couldn't believe the coldness in this man. Sure, he was walking around in Lucifer clothes, but she could feel the coldness in him. This was not the man that she...that she... this was not the man that she loved. She was going to do whatever it took to help him. How could she help him though? Then it hit her.

"Lucifer Morningstar, I'm going to need you to step away from him and put your hands in the air." She said raising her gun.

"Really! You think that you can smite me, you tiny human you don't understand anything, I will strike you down!!!"

He rushed for her, and before she even thought about it she pulled the trigger.

He looked down shocked at the blood that began to pour from his leg, even with his wings back, she still had this power over him. How was this fair? Also, how was a part of him glad she done it.