Chapter 2

Habit no. 2

Follow rule 70-30
Rule70-30 means that Listen 70% and speak 30%.

Say less but grab people's attention. This is the technique followed by successful people . They just find out a way to speak less .
-They never complain , they find complaining as the waste of energy and puts the complainers in a unproductive state.
-They are the great listeners, they listen what others have to say with utmost concentration.

Whenever you are talking just look to whom are you talking ? Are they going to take you seriously or not? Don't just waste your time and energy on these types of people.

When you are talking to people what are you going to gain by telling them your opinion on every statement they make. Very little-- you might feel better because you vented a bit. But the best days I have had were the one's when I met 5 people and learnt something new from each of them.

No need to reinvent the wheel ,people have so much knowledge to share . Just listening to them can make you much more smarter . Everyone you meet have some stories which they seldom get to share. But you should know that when and on whom you should spend time listening to them and to whom you should share your ideas as well.

Seth Godin is more sought to be a blogger ,a public speaker and a best selling author. He is famous because of his blogs . Instead of writing blogs of 1500 words , he hardly writes them of 300 words. But though his blogs are very inspiring . His blogs include great messages and inspiration for everybody in very less amount of words . And whatever he gives free gets downloaded in matter of minutes.
He is a blogger and writes blogs ,as we know . But if you can convey what you want to say to others in less but meaningful words and if we undertake this 70-30 rule , then you should surely accept the fact that you will be successful in your life.

I think if an individual follows this and learns how to be a patient listener and a great observer of its surrounding , he can do great wonders in his life ahead , for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for reading and for all the votes, love and support as well.