Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Rogue sighed as the phone rang. The school didn't usually get a lot of calls, and with it being the summer holiday right now, almost none, so Rogue guessed who was calling before she even picked up the phone.

"Xavier's School for Gifted Children."

"I'd like to speak to Remy LeBeau."

"I'm sorry, he isn't here."

The man sighed. "He's never there."

"I'm sorry." She was sorry, she hated lying.

"Can I leave another message for him?"

"Of course. I can't guarantee when he'll get it though."

"Tell him, Henri is in real trouble. Tell him, I think he might die if we don't find him soon."

"Okay, sir."

"Please, cher, promise me you'll tell him."

Rogue put the message slip into her desk draw. "I'll pass your message on just as soon as I'm able," she answered as honestly as she could.

"Thank you." He hesitated for a moment, then finally hung up.

Rogue sighed again and shook her head. She had tried giving Remy the messages but he wasn't interested, so now they were piling up in her desk draw, waiting for him. She should try talking to him again, but she didn't hold out much hope that she'd be any more successful than the last three times she'd tried.

The students who hadn't gone home for the summer were out on a school trip to a local theme park, so the school was eerily silent as Rogue headed home at the end of the day. That was only temporary though, it wouldn't be long before the over excited, sugar-fuelled mutants returned to make enough noise to raise the dead.

Rogue and Remy had moved into the boat house to afford them some more privacy, and Rogue could see that Remy was already inside by the lights blazing from the windows. She inhaled deeply as she opened the door, Remy was cooking again. She found him in the small kitchen, chopping onions.

"Hey, honey, I'm home," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind.

Remy abandoned his cooking and turned to face her. He cupped her face in his bare hands and smiled. "Dinner's nearly ready."

Rogue bit her lip. "Can it wait?" she asked, coyly.

"For all I care, cher, it can burn," Gambit grinned, although he did manage to turn the heat off before he scooped her into his arms, bridal style, and carried her into the bedroom. He kicked the door open and laid her down on the bed.

They soon stripped each other of their clothes and Gambit set his to his work of pleasing her. She tried to stop him since it always seemed to be her turn and she wanted to return the favour, but once again he captured her wrists.

"Behave!" he admonished.

Rogue smirked. It was a very sexy expression on her innocent face. "Don't wanna."

"Oh, now you're askin' for it, cher."

He pinned her wrists above her head with one hand and let the other explore her body, along with his lips. He teased, tasted, and tortured her until she was moaning in need.

"Remy, please," she begged.

Remy grinned. He'd done a lot in his life, a lot he wasn't proud of and a lot he was (even if he shouldn't be) but nothing gave him quite the same pleasure as watching Rogue quiver under his touch.