The farewell

AN: I know I'm not really following a storyline and for that I'm sorry, but I'm trying to include parts of the shows

AN: I know I'm not really following a storyline and for that I'm sorry, but I'm trying to include parts of the shows. This chapter is dedicated to my amazing grandmother who died over the Christmas season before her 80 birthday. I love you Grandma.

It was just another day.

I got up, got dressed, fed Hope, dropped her off at Scott's house with Melissa, went to school, picked Hope up, did homework with Liam and made dinner.

But today, a warm day in June, one text changed my day.

Theo, I know it's been a while. But I needed to tell you. Stefan's dead, kiddo. He's gone. I hope you can come home, even just for the funeral. Love uncle Damon.

His text was all it took for me to shatter. Liam looked at me worriedly as I dropped my phone.

"Theo? You okay?" He asked.

I felt my whole body tremble as the waves of grief hit me. My father was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three days later....
Liam's pov.
I was worried about Theo.

He'd been in his room for days, not eating, not sleeping, just laying there.

I finally called Rebekah and told her it was urgent.

"I'll be right there little wolf." She assured me before hanging up.

I picked Hope up and she wrapped her hand around my fingers.

I smiled sadly at her. "I know baby girl..." I kissed her head gently, cradling her against my chest. She stuck her thumb in her mouth, blinking owlishly.

The hours passed and finally I heard the knock on the door.

"It's open!" I called while sitting at the table with Hope.

Rebekah came in. "Where's Theo?" She Asked. I pointed towards the bedroom and she immediately barged in. "Theo Henrik Salvatore get off your ass." She demanded loudly.

Theo didn't move from his spot on the bed.

Rebekah sat on the bed beside him, looking sad. "I know it hurts, baby but your dad wouldn't want you to lose yourself. He'd want you to say goodbye and carry on with your life." Rebekah said softly.

Theo slowly rolled over with bloodshot, puffy eyes.

My heart ached to see him in his grief. I held Hope closer to my chest.

"How do you know Mom?" Theo whispered hoarsely. "Dad and Caroline just got married Mom!! They had a whole future ahead of them together!! Dad would want to live!!"

He broke down sobbing and Rebekah wrapped her arms around him, kissing his head.

A/N: I have writer's block now *looks down in shame* sorry guys but it'll be a long time before I update again.

~~all my love,

Maddie Winchester