Neck of the bottle

When I wake up Zack, Rian and Alex are all asleep on Zack's living room floor with me, usually Zack would be in his bed but instead they was all with me. I contemplate waiting for them to wake up but decided to just text the group chat telling them I'll them at school. I need something to drink before I start to sober up. I walk out Zack's house tired and tipsy only just checking the time for the first time this morning. It's five thirty. God knows why I'm awake this early.

I stumble into the corner shop seeing both Ben and Dani in store. It's around the time Dani's shift ends so Ben is here to take over.

"Hey again Jacko." Dani grins watching me stumble, "Not used to seeing you this early."

"Need something before I sober up again." I yawn.

"Pick your poison." Dani motioned towards the drinks behind him.

"Two big bottles of Smirnoff" I drop my money on the counter, "And a lighter."

"Want the change or will it go in the Jack needs a drink but he's broke pot?" Dani asked putting the drinks in a bag and picking out a black lighter for me.

"Drink pot." I smile grabbing the bag, "How you doing Ben?"

"It's too early for this." He laughed, "I thought you was mad drinking anything like it's water but it's not even six in the morning and your buying booze. That's mad."

"Maybe it is a little." I shrug, "Wait I need a bottle of water to empty out."

"Just take one." Dani said, "Nobody would care."

"Cheers." I say grabbing it on the way our undoing it to pour in the street, "You're the fucking best."

As soon as I'm out the shop I empty out the water bottle and crouch in the nearby alley to fill it up with vodka. Once I do that I shove both them bottles in my school bag and bring the opened vodka to my lips as I walked back to Zack's house. I might sneak in before they awake and delete the message I sent.

When I'm walking down the road Zack opens his door, guess I'm not sneaking in. It's a second before he looks in my direction and spots me walking down towards him but when he does he runs down the road and pulls me into a hug.

"What's this for?" I ask keeping a tight grip on the neck of the bottle.

"For coming back." Zack doesn't let me go for a while.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask when Zack finally lets me go, I take another sip.

"Rian said he pissed you off and we was scared you was out drinking and going to end up in the river dead."

"I am drinking." I hold up the now empty vodka bottle up for Zack to see before dropping it.

"Well you're not dead." Zack puts his arm over my shoulder as we walk back to his house, "And that matters more."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So you're fine with drunk me now?"

"I still prefer sober Jack."

"I don't."

"I know." Zack sighs and he pushes open the front door that swung shut.

Authors note

It's too late for this. Erm vote and comment it means a lot. I'm so tired I'm seeing double now so I'm finishing this and going to sleep.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻