Chapter Two

My alarm clock sounded promptly at 7:30 in the morning. As a senior, I really didn't care about what I dressed like. Some people did, me on the other hand, I didn't care at all.

I raised my hand and clicked all over my phone until I hit the 'stop' button. I rolled over onto my back, looking up at the ceiling.

I didn't want to start at a new school, but, I had to. This is what my mother would've wanted. She would've wanted me to build a relationship with my dad. I was going to do this for her.

I threw the covers off my body and rolled out of bed, flopping onto the soft carpet. I pushed myself onto my feet and then headed to my dresser.

I took showers in the evening so I didn't have to worry about showering in the morning. I pulled out some leggings and a t-shirt that had a pumpkin face on it.

Shoutout to my halloween spirit.

When I was satisfied with my hair, and by satisfied I mean throwing it into a ponytail, I brushed my teeth and then proceeded downstairs.

I saw Colton sitting at the bar in the kitchen, munching away on a bowl of cereal as he glanced up to meet my eyes. "Do you want a ride to school?" Colton asked.

I shook my head at him as I put a piece of bread into the toaster, "I'm going to walk, thanks though." I said.

Colton nodded his head, "Whatever floats your boat," he spoke and grabbed his keys and put his bowl into the sink. "See you later," he said and then left the house.

I grabbed my toast from the toaster and buttered it, then grabbed my packed book bag and schedule from the counter. I slipped on my black Vans and then headed out the door.

I had looked the school up on Maps last night, and it was only a five minute walk from my new home. I plugged in my headphones as Sam Smith's' new song Too Good at Goodbyes blasted into my ears.

But every time you hurt me,

the less that I cry,

And every time you leave me,

the quicker these tears dry,

And every time you walk out,

the less I love you,

Baby, we don't stand a chance,

it's sad but it's true

I'm way too good at goodbyes

My one and only talent that nobody knew was singing. I quietly sang along to the song and the school came into my view. I took my headphones out and walked with my head slightly casted downwards.

As I walked through the parking lot, I looked up when I heard a loud, obnoxious motorcycle drive past me.

I stared at the motorcycle, looking at the driver who was dressed in a pair of jeans and a leather jacket. I stopped walking when he got off the bike.

He was tall, and when his veiny hands reached for his helmet, it seemed as if he knew everyone of the female population was watching him. He took off the helmet slowly, and flashed a charming smile towards his fans.

I watched him, my arms crossed over my chest, my eyes taking over his features. Whiskey brown eyes canvassed the area with a mop of dark brown, nearly black hair to accompany those strikingly gorgeous eyes. He was skinny, but not a bony skinny. He had a slight muscle tone to him, just enough muscle to beat someone up if he wanted to. Freckles dotted his cheek bones, scattering across his nose.