Chapter 25: Meeting the family [Part 1]

NINA
Two months later.

We've officially finished season 3 of my show and were allowed on break. These past two months gone by great, me and trey haven't had any problems since the last incident. I'll like to keep it that way. We were cuddled up on his living room couch just watching tv, relaxing.

"You ready for tomorrow?" He asked breaking the silence.

I sighed giving a nervous smile. Tomorrow Trey and I are driving out to Virginia to meet his family. We decided we'll spend thanksgiving with them and Christmas with my family. Him reminding me of tomorrow just makes me get nervous.

"I'll be lying if I told you yes" I finally answered, honestly.

He wrapped both of his arms around me, bringing me closer.

"Awwww, Your nervous" he said teasing me.

I chuckled "No shit, what if they don't like me? What if I do something that rubs them the wrong way?" I sighed.

He kissed my forehead slowly "You have nothing to worry about baby, they gone love you" He smiled "My moms is already excited and I haven't even said much about you"

I just nodded.

"Trust me, it'll be alright" He assured me.

"I hope so" I pecked his lips before we both heard the doorbell ring.

He removed his arms from around me and got up to see who it was.

"The fuck you doing here?" He laughed letting August in "It feel like I ain't seen yo ass in months"

"I know which Is why I came by" he dapped him up "I ain't know you had ya girl here though"

Trey sat back down "Aw she ain't tripping" he waved me off laughing.

I rolled my eyes hitting his chest.

"Wake and bake" August grinned pulling a swisher out of his pockets.

I chuckled "It's too late to be saying that, it's almost 6 o'clock"

He shrugged "True but yawl wanna hit or nah?"

We both nodded our heads. I could use this, it'll help me release some of that worry.

TREY
The next day.

I looked over at nina, she's obviously nervous again. The closer we got to my moms house the less she spoke. I grabbed her hand and kissed it "Don't be so nervous, I said there's nothing to worry about" I reassured her.

She smiled softly and nodded her head "Okay"

We finally pulled up in the drive thru. The street was packed with relatives cars but they knew to save me a spot. I parked the car and looked over at her.

"You ready?"

She sighed "Yes tremaine" she chuckled unbuckling her seat belt.

I grabbed the mashed potatoes while nina carried the macaroni to the door. I got up there and rung the door bell, we could hear all the talking on the other side of the door. Mama finally came and answered the door with a huge smile on her face.

It feels good to be home.

"My baby boy is here!" She yelled to everyone opening the screen door. I walked in after nina "And how are you beautiful? I've been waiting to meet the women my son just been bragging about" She said hugging her.

She chuckled "I'm good, it's nice to meet you Mrs.Neverson" she smiled.

"Oh sweety just call me April"