Chapter 20

Liza woke up with a huge smile on her face. 
I almost kissed David Dobrik. She thought smiling. The memory replayed in her head like a movie scene. Liza giggled as she just thought about the moment. 
How on earth can someone make you feel so... happy. Liza thought smiling as she got up. She looked at her clock, surprised to see 4:30 shining brightly on the screen. She hadn't woken up because she was excited since she was younger, and usually, that was for holidays, vacations, or birthdays. But today it was different. I mean who knew that love, could make you happy.
Liza felt productive from being so happy, so she pulled out all the pillows. Liza smiled as she skipped around her room and pulled out a drawer full of different craft supplies labeled crap. She pulled out a spool of white thread and a needle, along with a white bandana covered in paint. There was no reason for that except that it made her more creative. Liza started sewing up the pillows while blasting any and every song ever produced by Taylor Swift, when she realized she didn't have any feathers to stuff the pillows with. She skipped up to her drawer and grabbed some stuffing and stuffed all the pillows. She convinced herself that feathers and stuffing were a good mix as she sewed all of them up. As you can imagine, Liza was finished with the pillows by 5:15, so she pushed the pillows to the side and ran to her closet. Pulling out a yellow crop top with short light blue shorts she quickly put them on. she kept a shoe holder on her door, and where there weren't shoes, she put hair supplies. She pulled out a yellow scrunchie and tied her hair into a mini bun and topped it off with black combat boots. She felt like a 90's princess, just a little less attractive. But she didn't have time to worry about her crippling insecurities today, for she had almost kissed David Dobrik. She wondered why she wasn't always this happy, and questioned if she was really happy at all and this is how normal people feel. But it wasn't, and deep down Liza knew that. Besides her occasional anxious moments and her father, Liza was a relatively positive person. This feeling, it was way different. It was love. Love can get you up when you're depressed, and make you smile when your down, and can make you run when you think you can only walk. Liza fell for David, and she fell in love with the feeling.
Liza scrolled throw twitter for 30 minutes while standing on her head against a wall. Liza thought about everything she had to do this morning. She finished all of her homework the night before, so she didn't have to worry about that. Since it was early, maybe she could ask David to go to breakfast. But she felt too needy and annoying, so she didn't ask. Then she remembered Gabbie and fell over out of excitement. She grabbed her phone and texted Gabbie saying that she'd be there in ten to pick her up for breakfast and smiled. She grabbed her backpack and slid down her stairs laughing as she ran into her kitchen and walked over to a jar labeled Liza's Fun. Something her family used to do before they all shriveled up and died. They would go on family vacations or take extra money that they earned at work and put it in a little jar called Liza's Fun. Liza reached in there smiling when it instantly turned to a frown. She pulled out a folded piece of paper and sat on the kitchen floor and read it.

-dear elizabeth,
i had to go away. i won't die on you, i promise you that, but im sinking and drowning and i need a breath of air. i took this money... your money... and went away. im sorry. you know i love you more than anything in the world. i am not him. i will not die, i promise. i will see you soon, and i hope you understand. 
i love you.
-mom

Liza sat on her floor staring at the note. She played with her fingers and blinked back tears for what seemed like an eternity, but was only five minutes. She grabbed her phone and sent another text to Gabbie telling her she couldn't make it, and sending a similar text to David, saying she would see him at school and couldn't pick him up. she let one tear fall before climbing slowly back upstairs, running her finger across the wooden railing, and crawling into bed.

David woke up smiling. The name Liza rung in his ears like a wedding bell. For example, the same bell played at Josh Peck's wedding that Drake didn't get to hear. (Leave David alone you unemployed 30 year old.)
He got out of bed instantly and put on a black sweatshirt and black jeans. He didn't wait 10 minutes to get out of bed either. He smiled and walked out of his bedroom and ran into Ester's bedroom and jumped on her.
"Get off me! You are so fat you're crushing me!" Ester grumbled trying to push him off.
"No thanks, Ester Bunny." He said smiling as he rolled around on her bed.
"You haven't called me that in years..."Ester mumbled quietly smiling.
"Don't get used to it," David said smiling as he walked out of the room.
"It's the Liza effect." She said mumbling and smiling as she got up out of bed.

For the rest of the morning, David was overly excited. Even when Liza said she couldn't pick him up, he was still happy because if you didn't notice, he almost kissed Liza freaking Koshy.

He sent a quick text to Gabbie asking her to pick him up and went on with his morning. He actually ate breakfast, which he had time for because he actually got up this morning. 
"Goodmorning Dav- David?" His mother said in shock as she rubbed her eyes, just to see if she was dreaming.
"Hi Mom," David said smiling as he walked up to her and smiled as he kissed her on the head.
"Hi, David..." His mom said smiling and staring at him.
"Ah, there's Gabbie. Bye." David said smiling as he ran out the door.
"What the heck..." David's mom mumbled when she turned around.
"It's the Liza affect." Ester, Sara, and Toby said in unison as they sat down.
"Oh.... okay." David's mom said smiling as she stared at David run out the door. 

"Gabbie!" David said smiling as jumped into the passenger seat.
"Someone's a little perky." Gabbie said yawning while rolling her eyes.
"You could see I have some motivation," David responded smiling.
"What's so exciting anyways..." Gabbie grumbled pulling out of David's driveway.
"I might have... Almost kissed Liza.... And it was single-handedly one of the cutest, time stop, my-heart-beats-faster, romantic moments I have ever witnessed. And if I could relive that moment every day for the rest of my life, I feel like the world would actually stop and I could feel, live, and understand happiness. It's amazing...." David gushed while running his hands through his hair smiling.
"What the actual f*ck... That was... ADORABLE! YOU ARE IN LOVE!" Gabbie screamed while screeching the car to a stop.
"What the f*ck Gabbie!" David yelled grabbing on to the handle above his seat.

"Do you love her?" Gabbie said smirking.
"We are literally on the side of a f*cking road Gabbie," David said annoyed while rolling his eyes.
"Okay, so normal David is back." Gabbie said rolling her eyes and starting the car up again. 
"Shut up.," David said rolling his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Fine... Let's go see your lover at school and I can harass you there!" Gabbie said smiling as she started driving.
"I hate you," David said rolling his eyes and looking out the window.
"Aww, I hate you more!" Gabbie said smiling as she drove to school.
______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay... So... It's been a while. But I have a legitimate excuse. WATTPAD WOULD NOT LET ME EDIT OR POST ANY CHAPTERS. But I emailed them and they fixed it right on the one month mark! This is kind of like a two-parter, and the next chapter will be up either Thursday or Friday! (11/9 or 11/10) Also, it's kind of a sad chapter? Did you cry BECAUSE I DID.
I was wondering if you all would like it if I made an instagram, that way you guys can DM me and ask questions or just harass me if I don't upload! Please comment if that is something you are interested in! Also, I know it sucks, but all my other chapters suck too! So it's okay! 
Thank you all for sticking with me and understanding how hard it is for me to publish and still being amazing.
Later girls, guys, and gender hi's! 
(I am sorry.)
Byeeee