Rush

The brunette was screaming on the inside. He was so unbelievably happy. A pink tint was shown on his cheeks as his dimples were the opposite of invisible. His teeth were glimmering, each tooth shining from how wide his smile was. His eyes had a certain glint in them that was so different from anything anyone has ever seen.

There was nothing that he could ever complain about - well, at least for now. Everything was good, great even and that was shown through his whole body. The vibe he gave off was so energetic, someone all the way in America could be able to feel it.

He stood straight, only making his appearance even better. His feet took long strides, he walked proudly as he made his way down the sidewalk of his university. By walking like this, his hair naturally bounced, as if the textured volume wasn't enough already.

"Oh my god, he's going to love you. This is so good, my two best friends meeting. One from uni and the other from high school." The male nearly yelled those words, he was too excited.

Oikawa clutched onto the girl's hand so tight she almost thought blood had stopped running through her veins. His fingers were sure to leave imprints on the back of her hand, each long skinny beings would surely be seen when he removed his grip.

"Hopefully he's all that. But doesn't he go to our university?" L/n remarked jokingly as she tried to wiggle her hand out of his grip. "Calm down, would you?" She said half flatly once she removed her hand from his. Her hand was red and she flashed it into the others face just to show him. "Thanks."

"Sorry, it's just- this is really exciting! And yes, he does go to school with us but he's not in any of my classes, or your's." Oikawa laughed nervously with his eyebrows raised in concerned. He brought his hand to the back of his neck as he scratched himself feverishly. "And I assure you, he's really cool. I haven't seen him in a while because uni just started and we've both been awfully busy. I - we will be able to see him more often. Schedule's just been packed."

That was true. Iwaizumi, Oikawa, and L/n all three went to school together - and Oikawa had only met L/n because she and him had some classes together.

Oikawa didn't have a lot of free time anymore. After all, he was taking advanced classes and majoring in astrophysics. With that, his volleyball practices began right after school and ended late into the evening. Homework just piled up as soon as he got home making his average bed time one or two in the morning.

And then the next day came too quickly. The bags under his eyes - that he tried to cover with the tiniest bit of makeup - proved that his sleeping schedule was absolutely awful. A break was merely impossible for the man.

But today was Saturday. Sure, he had homework scattered on his bed and desk at home, but he was not giving up this chance to actually visit his two best friends. Neither of which knew each other.

"How don't you know him? We don't even go to that big of a school - you should've heard his name or seen his face somewhere." F/n shook her head. She said she didn't know the man even though she may have. Not being super sociable led to not knowing many people. The only way Oikawa knew her was because he grew to know everyone. Everyone was his friend - but L/n - L/n was different compared to other people. She stood out and almost reminded him of his own Iwaizumi.

As soon as he saw her, he knew he had to introduce himself to her. A month later and Oikawa is leading L/n to be introduced to the man he calls 'Iwa-chan.'

The girl looked in front of her, both of them still walking on the path. "I'm almost one hundred percent sure I do not know this man." Oikawa nodded, "If you say so."

Over the past month of beginning to know the girl, he fell. It wasn't a slow fall like he had hoped. He tripped and stumbled and before he even realized, he was completely head over heels for the girl. But, he admitted it to himself. L/n was needed in his life just as Iwaizumi was in high school. He wasn't replacing him, only adding. And the thought of Iwaizumi meeting the love of his life filled his heart. It was too much to imagine, leading the man to introduce the two to each other.

"We're here!" Oikawa chimed as they both stood in front of a nice ramen restaurant. The name 'Ramen Ichiraku' in bold letters above their heads.

Oikawa's heart started pounding, the excitement that had been building up all morning long was all coming together. A rush ran through him, his smile growing bigger and bigger as he began to open the door and step inside. L/n obviously walking in front of him because what type of a gentleman would he be if she wasn't?

L/n turned to Oikawa to lead the way. She had no idea where she was going, and the many heads occupying the bar and surrounding tables didn't help her. But once she saw Oikawa peering over her shoulder with eyes wide - she knew that was the way to turn.

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa exclaimed causing the majority of the restaurant to become quiet. The woman turned and saw a pair of eyes looking directly towards her in confusion - and something else that she couldn't point out.

But god, was she looking at him too long. Her body was frozen at the man before her. He wore a button up shirt that was rolled up at the sleeves. Broad and muscular arms were too visible - and it was even more visible the way she was staring at him. His hair was sort of messy and spiky. His eyes were piercing - and she knew she'd seen him somewhere before.

"L/n?" Oikawa asked making her shake her head. Her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment as she continued shaking her head while looking at the ground, then peering over her should to look at Oikawa. "Sorry, yeah?" L/n asked before feeling a slight push on her back.

She wasn't supposed to be feeling this way about a man she faintly recognized. Especially when she was here with another man.

"There's Iwa-chan. Go sit down before he comes to smack me upside the head for scaring you." Ah, yes. It was Oikawa's loud voice that caught the girl in her own thoughts. She nodded before sitting at a seat around the circular table.

"Hi, I'm L/n." She introduced herself to Iwaizumi while sticking her hand out for him to shake. This he did before he began to speak. "It's nice to meet you L/n-san. I'm Iwaizumi, don't we have math together?"

Math! Yes, that is where she knew the man from. Not knew, but seen him before. Oikawa looked between the two smiling people before he lightly coughed, gaining each of their attention.

"I told you you'd seen each other somewhere before. No way you haven't seen him somewhere." Oikawa spoke while looking at the girl. She nodded at him before looking back to Iwaizumi.

"It's nice to meet you too, Iwaizumi-san. We should sit next to each other in math sometime."

And how much of a fool was she to say those words? Those words that led the familiar attraction into something so much more.

A/N
I was only supposed to have two actual chapters to this book (which was supposed to be all sexxy secc) but I saw a tweet and guess what it said.

"Seeing your friends from college meet your friends from high school is like the Jimmy Neutron Fairly Odd Parents crossover."

In other words, wow did that really remind me and give me insight that I do need a third chapter? And it needs to be like this?