the end of an era

july 17, 2020

currently listening to: hikariare by burnout syndromes

where do i start? i can't really answer that.

the year is 2015 and i'm trying to find new mangas/animes to read because i have just gotten into that, and i see a new anime (formed from a manga) is planned to debut the next year. a volleyball manga/anime? dumb i think, honestly. 2016 comes and i watch the first season and instantly love it. the characters, the storyline, the relationships formed, everything.

i started reading the manga from the beginning the same year.

haikyuu has truly changed my life, believe that as you want.

it was the first fandom i had ever joined. it was what brought friendships, old and new, to life to me. it was the beginning of truly finding happiness and finding a place i belonged to. it brought to life a home in the sense of the anime and the bonding i made from it.

to be on the trip from beginning to end has been a long ride. a very bitter sweet one and i feel so heartbroken yet content in the same space writing this right now.

i compared my life to hinata's, of course replacing volleyball with soccer. i found strength in him and still continue to.

there is not a character i dislike, they all contribute to the story and i will never get over my love for them.

and as haikyuu comes to an end today, i, again, feel a weird displace yet content-ness from it. i love it and i hate it. but furudate truly did give us everything i ever wanted. especially the fact we were updated on iwaizumi again, please :'(

spoilers under this!!

ushijima and tendou on a date in PARIS how romantic, i LOVE TBEM PLEADE DNDJSJJS

then asahi and noya in egypt?? MF WHAT JUST SAY THEYRE ALL DATING PLEASE

makki, mattsun, watari & yahaba having argentina face stickers in honor of oikawa <3 please don't get me started but if only mf hajime was there it would've buSTED MY FAT HEART. also, iwaizumi. god, i loved and love this man more than life, thank you furudate, i needed that update and timeskip on him.

hinata telling kageyama to give him a lot of tosses the day of, against argentina. kageyama finally sets to hinata again. then following that, they really do chase after each other in other countries' volleyball associations to play against each other.

and finally, oikawa. oikawa, my boy who has worked so SO hard. he really did win. he made it, and is playing with argentina. in the non-negative way, the grand king made his mark just as he was always meant to. he truly, and finally, won, after all this time.

thank you furudate. thank you for reading this note. thank you to my friends. thank you to my readers. thank you for making this experience everything i wanted and more.

(don't worry, i'm not going anywhere and i'm still writing. i love you all.)

adding this picture because it means a lot to me

adding this picture because it means a lot to me. they made it.