1.

Lance POV

This is it, my last day on Altea. I think as my last bag is moved out of my room. From this day on I will be staying with the Galra empire, and the princess I am supposed to marry.

I know that this alliance has to be finalized and that in order for that to happen there must be a marriage, but I just can't bare the fact that I have to leave home to do so.

Zarkon is the emperor of the Galra and was very hesitant about the arrangement to begin with, especially after the centuries of war between our kind. But eventually he agreed to peace as long as he knew that the Alteans wouldn't attack, I volunteered myself as tribute.

I made my way through the halls of the Castle of Lions for the last time, wishing I would see it again. Allure had been more than willing to go herself, but we couldn't lose the crown princess.

I'm second born, I'm expendable. They don't need me.

"LANCE!" I turn and see Allura running towards me, tears welling in her eyes that she's holding back with the skill of a depressed teenager.

We hold onto eachother when she reaches me," You don't have to do this," she says," You can stay here on Altea. There has to be another way."

"Sister." I push her off of me and look into her eyes." There is no other way, it is safer for all of us if I do this. Our kingdoms have been at war for centuries and the lives lost on both sides have been more than any war in our kingdoms history."

"I know, Lance. I payed more attention in our lessons than you, I know that there is another way for this war to end."

"Prince Lance." Allies and I turn around to see a Galran official( general? Commander?) looking at us." I am Commander Ralexe." Oh it's commander." I have been sent to escort you to the shuttle."

"Of course." I let go of Allura and follow the Galran, Ralexe. He's a rather tall soldier which is common for Galra, though his eye was interesting, cybernetic I assume.

We make our way through several hallways where I see the shuttle, it's rather large and looks modest compared to Altea's own designs. Galrans aren't ones for style.

There in front of the ship is my father, King Alfor, waiting to see me off. He looks regal, as always, but there is the faintest hint at sadness in his features, showing that he truly was sad for me to be going.

He hugs me when I make it to him and then looks down at me whenever he pulls away. "Be sure to take care of yourself wherever you go, and don't forget how proud you have made this kingdom."

I nod at him as Ralexe gestures for me to get on the ship, it's time to go.

No one's going to read this.