10.

I opened the door to see Rae.

"Hey," I said quietly, "what's up?"

"We can't find Annie, have you seen her?"

"No but I'll help you look." Lance closed his door and locked it before setting out to look for Annie.

If I had a fin, where would I go?

Lance immediately remembered where the pool was. They must have checked there already... but it can't hurt to check again.

Lance walked through the halls regally, much like his mother had taught him. When he arrived at the pool door he opened it and saw Annie swimming in the pool, almost like she was flying through the water.

Her purple legs had come together into a beautiful tail, and the fin on her back had grown longer and spread further down on her tail.

Her hair had grown as well to down past her waist, beautiful purple streaked with blue.

"Annie!" He called out, "everyone's been looking for you!"

Her head shot out of the water. "Oh, it's only you. I've been hiding down here for hours."

"How has no one found you then?"

"Rae came in here, but I hid from him. Not in the mood to talk with him."

"Would you talk to me." Lance sat by the edge of the pool.

"I have a few questions, if that's okay."

"Alright."

"Are you scared? To marry the princess?"

"Of course I am, I'm marrying someone I've never met for Pete's sake."

"I know her. She's not bad. Beautiful and kind, but her heart belongs to another."

"Really?"

"I can't tell you who, but they love eachother very much. I believe they plan to be married before you arrive."

"Then what happens to me?"

"I guess you'll have to marry the next in line."

"Lotor!?" Even on Altea Lance had heard the tales of the slutty prince. How he had sex with hundreds of people before killing them and making it look like an accident. Never being punished due to his title.

"It's not ideal, but Keith would never let anyone end up like that. He and the princess have been close since they were cubs so he'd find some way to help you."

~Timeskip~

Annie and Lance walked around the ship finding the others and they all went to eat lunch.

"Lance," Keith said, grabbing his attention, "could I speak with you in private?"

"Of course." Lance got up and let Keith lead him to a private room off the main hall.

"About you finding me intriguing, I think we should do something about that."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'd like to go on a date with you."