Hello Eighteen

"Say goodbye to dolls and toys.Say hello to makeup and boys."It's morning,the sun rose up.The curtains in my room are wide open.The alarm rang.I stretched my body as I checked my notifications on the phone.50 messages on WhatsApp,20 on Instagram and 14 on Facebook written Happy Birthday with the party popper emoji.Guess what?It's my birthday.The only day where I can shine brighter than all those divas and girls.The only day where I had my chance to have a birthday at the age of eighteen.I scrolled down the WhatsApp messages to reply their wish to me.Laying on my bed as I cuddled with Lana.Then,I took my warm shower,dressed up and went downstairs for breakfast.Mom and dad was standing smiling as the looked at me came down."Happy birthday,honey",they wished at the dining table.Mom was serving my favourite food,chickens and waffles with pancake syrup.A candle was light up on my waffles as they sang the birthday song which I hate the most.No doubt,I actually smiled and blew the candle.They both kissed my cheeks on both sides.It blushed.Meanwhile,the doorbell rang."Don't worry.I'll get the door",I stood up and went for the door.As I open the door,stood a guy holding 3 levels of pancake and blueberries on top with syrup."Happy birthday,birthday girl!",charming voice and smiled appeared on his face.Guess who?HArris.Of course I smiled.Who would reject a smile from the most charming guy who always wears the perfect outfit on each and every day."Well,thank you,Harris.How nice of you.",I replied as I took his offer for the pancake."Nah,It's nothing big.Anyway,you're my neighbour.This is at least I can do for you.No biggie"."Of course.Thank you again.Anyway,do you wanna join us have breakfast?",I offered him."No,it's fine.I have to run some errands."He walked down to the front yard,across the road,riding his bicycle.He waved and said "happy birthday again!".My day couldn't get any better could it?You're about to find out soon.(Stereo Hearts song played)."Honey,do you want to go shopping after breakfast?Perhaps you can buy a dress?,mom suggested an activity that made my day even better."Sure,mom".I couldn't help but smiled like my mouth are going to tear apart.

So,since today's my birthday,I've planned a party one week before it.Mary helped me planned it for me.Mary,my maid slash my home friend who literally raised me since I was born other than my parents.Back to the real story."Mom,you ready?",I called her as I was putting on my shoes."I'm coming!".Driver took us to the mall.I just needed to find the perfect pair of shoes to suit my beautiful yet elegant dress designed by the top 5 most famous designer,Donna Karan.She had it custom-made for me.Only mom needed to find her dress.We shopped and talked."Anyway sweetie.Did you invite your friend,Harris to your party tonight?",she asked while scooping ice-cream and put it in her mouth.I thought about it for a moment."Mom,I'm gonna go and gave a coffee.Meet me up when you're done shopping okay.",I sat at the coffee shop and took my phone out and was about to call Harris to tell him about the party.But then,this happened.I saw him shopping with some kind of a girl who doesn't know how to spell fashion.I mean,who uses a pink YSL bag with sweatpants and a some normal t-shirt.You gonna know what it fashion.By the time I saw that,I straight away dropped my phone on the table.I looked at them with a sorrow face on my birthday."Wait a minute.Am I jealous?No!Why would I?I mean who cares who he dates."I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and left the coffee shop with the don't care face.6 hours till party.Didn't do anything for 2 hours.Just sitting down on the couch in my locked room with laptop on my lap while watching The Space Between Us on my birthday."It's my birthday today.But why am I so sad and down?",I questioned myself as I walked to the balcony while looking at my neighbour's house which is Harris.The phone rang and it was written there Felisha and Mac's name face timing me."Hi,Amanda,it's us!",they shouted over the phone."Hi guys",I answered with a small voice."What's wrong?Did something happened?".No,nothing important.I'll see you guys at the party?"."Can't wait!",they both shouted.Again.

4 hours till party.What to do with the time that I had?I decided to go for ice-cream.Alone.I refused to take the car since the ice-cream shop was just two blocks away.So,I decided to take the vespa.I know,a girl like me,living in a big house,came from a rich family,riding a vespa.Well,don't judge book by its cover.I may be a Rossette,but I am still a normal girl.I locked my phone in my pocket.Not answering any of the calls that kept my phone ringing all along the way."Ice cream can never go wrong when it's my birthday.",I sighed and smiled while putting my Chanel sling bag across my body.I opened the ice cream shop door,stepped inside and chose my favourite ice cream flavour,huckleberry.I took off my coat and bag and sat alone.Eating ice cream alone on my eighteen birthday,it's kind of sad actually.I took my phone out from the pocket to checked the time,then I saw 3 missed calls from him.Harris.He called again.make it the fourth time.I purposely didn't pick up I don't know why."What is wrong with me?I better get going or else I'll be late",I sighed.I put on my coat,grabbed my bag and got on the vespa with the most hideous helmet I have ever seen in my whole entire life and rushed to home to get ready.Mary called the makeup artist to help me makeup and a hair stylist to help me with my hair.All done,30minutes for the party.Yet,I'm still sad.I'm dressed up.Mary eft me alone in my room.I sat down on my dressing table while looking at the mirror.Mom entered and held my shoulders tightly."What's the matter honey?Did something happened?Is i the dress?",she asked me.I lifted my hand from my lap and put it on top of mom's."It's just...I love you mom.",I wasn't really telling her what happened."I love you too,honey.Now come.The driver's waiting.",she patted my shoulder and kissed my head.

10 minutes till party.Still feeling down without any reason.Sitting in the limo alone drinking champagne.Phone rang.Harris name written.Make it the fifth time he called.Then,he messaged.'Are you okay?Why haven't you return any of my calls?'.I switched off my phone as I arrived at the venue.I wore my masked and entered.People wished happy birthday,happy birthday."Amanda!AAAA!",Felisha screamed while Mac followed her running towards me.We group hugged."Happy birthday girl!",they kissed my cheeks like mom and dad did."Thanks guys!",pretending to have fun.5 minutes of party has passed.Yet again,I'm alone.So I went upstairs holding a champagne glass while looking at the crowd.I stood alone putting my arms on the fence.It was a fence,I guess.Then,someone came up an stood next to me with the same position I was doing."You don't seem happy on your birthday?Wanna share your problem?",asking while drinking wine.I turned towards him and was surprised to see Harris at the party."Harris,what are you doing here?",I tried to escaped from him I don't know why."Hey,wait.Is there something wrong?Did I do something wrong?"."How did you know about the party?"."Well,someone told me.But,what happened?Why are you avoiding me?"."What,no.Why would I avoid you?",I said fiercely. "Let me guess?You saw me at the mall with a girl this afternoon",he bursted a laugh. "Why are you laughing?". "Are you perhaps jealous?",he glared at me. "Why would I be?",I pfftt at him."Well,I should greet my friends.Have fun!",I walked as I didn't care what happened.He put a smile on his face as he saw me trying to escape from him.I went downstairs trying to catch my breath for a moment. "Urgh,that was so embarrassing!",I scolded myself.One hour has passed.Besides greet people,drinking wine,got my gifts,pretty sure there was nothing to do.So,I thought maybe I should go and grab a coffee and eat some cinnamon roll they have at this new bakery.Sat there alone,with my coat on,twirling the cup of coffee on the table wandering why am I still not happy.I looked through the window staring at myself.

Harris came to my table and knocked it. "May I sit?",he asked while pulling the chair.It took me by surprise to see him there. "Yeah,sure.Why not?",I gave him a stare.The sad stare. "Wow,Amanda Rossette celebrating her 18th birthday at a bakery with a princess dress.Impressive.Waiting for prince charming?",he started a conversation.I laughed.We both laughed. "Look,about what happened at the mall,I..",I interrupted him talking. "It's okay.We're friends right neighbour?",I poked my index finger on his shoulder.We talked.We laughed.We had a great time.I had a great time.I have to admit,spending time with him on my 18th birthday was worth it.Well,at least he thought me as a friend.My day did get better.He walked me home.Well,we were in the same path anyway.Walking on the road with him doesn't make me feel like Amanda Rossette mom expect me to be.I feel free like an ordinary girl.I felt the breeze.It was winter that day but it didn't snow.I wish.We all do.I felt like he changed me.In a good way.A better person.Okay,I'm going to confess here.When i spent my day spending time with him,he made me feel like a person can change to be a better one.Lately,I wasn't the person whom he expected.But today,I felt something.Something that was going to happen between us.As we arrived,he walked me to my front yard,to my doorsteps.He gave me a look.Have you ever heard about a story when the snow falls,your true love will come.Well,let's see if it's true.We both stared at each other awkwardly.Then,I was about to head inside until he stopped me and pulled me to the front yard. "That kiss the other day,it meant something to me",he was about to confess.The street lamp was brighter than the light in my room.The stars in the sky shone slightly brighter than the moon.The weather was getting a bit chilly.Gladly I had my coat on.He stepped closer towards me,pulled me closer to him.Those beautiful yet sparkling blue eyes of his meant something.He slowly kissed me on the lips.But this time,it was different.It really was something.I didn't reject his kiss.As we had our moment,the snow falls.I guess that story was true. "So,you were jealous of me with my sister,huh?",he said. "No I'm no..",I paused. "Wait,what?Your sister?",I laughed and my face landed on his right shoulder.Do you know when in movies,they kissed and the slow motion played.That happens in real life too.I never had the best birthday till today.Dreams do come true,right?