Chapter I: invited

Kelly

   I was sitting at the large table at my dad's place where I was supposed to do my homework, but I was distracted by my dad and Sarah's conversation that was taking place in the kitchen.

    " I'm telling you Sarah this is a bad idea like bad bad idea" Ian Malcolm said with his hand on his forehead.

   "It's not a bad idea in fact I think it might be a great idea" Sarah said trying to prove she was right as she always did.

   "Ah ah great idea how did that come to you great, I was just saying This was a a
Bad idea and now your telling me that it's some great idea, where is the logic in that" Ian said with his hand still on his head.

   Ian and Sarah had gotten married six months after Isla Sorna and have been married for almost two years now, which is why it's surprising that I'm still being called Dino girl but hey I've heard worse nicknames for people.

   "There's logic In everything if I remember correctly, isn't that what you told me"? Sarah was playing with my dad's words which she knew annoyed him.

   "You seriously think that you're going to use my my words against me"? Asked Ian pointing his index finger to his chest gesturing towards himself.

   Then he laughed at the idea of anyone using his words against him which he knew very well that laughing while In a serious conversation annoyed Sarah.

   "Oh come on Ian, he's old he just wants to see you nothin more" Sarah said putting her hand on Ian's shoulder.

   "No no there is always more with that man it never stops it just doesn't he always wants more always" my dad said throwing his arms in the air.

    "He's dying Ian at least say goodbye" Sarah said with her hand still in On his shoulder.

     "I said goodbye more then once actually and yet he still keeps popping up and won't go away, I said goodbye and now I'm done" my dad removed Sarah's hand from his shoulder as he spoke.

    "You might regret this" Sarah said placing her head on my dad's shoulders.

    "I also might thank myself later" Ian said.
No one spoke after that Sarah left her hands on my dad's shoulders and said nothing more for quite awhile until my dad noticed that I had been sitting at the table the whole time.

    "Uh Kelly go finish your homework in your room" my dad said snapping his fingers twice.
I got up and left the kitchen but I lingered by the door way so they couldn't see me.

    "Just think about it Ian take a moment and think about it" Sarah said as she leaned over and kissed Ian's cheek before she headed towards the living room.

    I quickly ran off and hid in my room where I finished my homework before anyone told me to do it again.

    Kelly

    Dad and Sarah had the same conversation throughout the week several times A day.
They were talking about John Hammond I've never met him but I knew about him everyone did.

     After Isla Neblar it was announced to the world on what happened on the island, that John Hammond recreated Dinosaurs an was making some biological preserve, but the dinosaurs got loose and people died.

    He was ruined labeled as a crazy old man who believes that dinosaurs could be recreated, most people decided not to believe that dinosaurs could exist again. And after Isla Sorna when is was announced that there was another island with dinosaurs people said that John Hammond was just seeking spotlight and that there was never any dinosaurs in the first place, and that all those people who died it was just accident from construction.

    "Kelly where's the corn flakes" dad asked going through the cupboards

     "In the top left cupboard" I said pointing towards the cupboard

    " Ah there it is, why did Sarah have go and rearrange everything it was fine before" Ian said grabbing a white bowl down.

    "Nothing was organized, I couldn't even find the bread" Sarah said walking into the room.
Ian sat down next to me at the counter top with his cereal  as Sarah grabbed some coffee and leaned against the counter.

    "So when are we going to see John, you might want to give him a call and set an opponent" Sarah said as she took a sip of her coffee.

    "Not again Sarah, I already said I'm not going to meet Hammond I want nothing else to do with him he's caused enough problems for us and everyone else" Ian was set on his decision but so was Sarah.

    "Come on Ian, who knows what he wants it could be nothing except an apology" Ian shook his head in disagreement.

     "John Hammond won't apologize, he's to "good" to apologize" Ian said as he used air
quotations around the word good.

     "Fine then if you won't go, I will and I'll say you just couldn't make it" Sarah said as she left the room.

     I looked at dad as he continue to eat his cereal "Why won't you go and see Mr Hammond" I asked looking at him my dad sighed before he answered.

     "Last time I saw Hammond just to talk I ended up going to another island with more dinosaurs and I almost died, you almost died and Sarah" Ian took another bite of cereal.

     "But like Sarah said he's going to die at least say goodbye" dad looked at me as I spoke sighed then stood up and took his bowl to the sink.

     Ian left the kitchen and followed after Sarah leaving me in the kitchen,
I got up and followed after him into the living room.

     Ian walked up to Sarah she was sitting in the couch with her legs pulled up onto the other cushion.

    "I'll... Give John a call what time works best for you" Sarah smiled at Ian

     "Do Tuesday four o clock that way Kelly can come to" Sarah said this as she smiled.
Ian walked out if the room to his office to call Hammond, I don't know why but I was excited to meet him I've heard about him and something inside me made me wanted to meet him, even if it was his dinosaurs that almost killed me.