Chapter: III Lisa

Lisa looked through one of the large windows making sure all of Mr Hammond's guests had left before she went up stairs to check on Mr Hammond, many didn't care for Lisa she knew that but she didn't care what anyone thought of her besides Mr Hammond for he was the one she was taking care of and he was the one paying her to do so.

     Though his grandchildren Lex and Tim weren't to bad they were well behaved children and much better then the other kids she would see at markets throwing tantrums and complaining as whining that was the reason she didn't have kids as well as the fact she didn't want any.

    Because she didn't want to raise kids simple for them to turn out like any of Mr Hammond's guests, they all lacked simply manners, punctuality, and many others things that even the Murphy children knew.

   Lisa had reached Mr Hammond's door and knocked nicely as she waited for Mr Hammond's voice allowing her to come in,
"Please come in Lisa" Mr Hammond said his voice was muffled from behind the oak door.
"Did everything go well Mr Hammond" Lisa asked as she placed a tray on John's end table by his lamp

    "Yes very well" John said straightening his blanket

    "I thought I heard arguing" Lisa said looking up at John with only her eyes

    "That's just Dr Malcolm, he has an opinion on everything" John said as Lisa passed him the tray with his meal on it.

    "And this was the man you wanted to leave the island to?" Lisa asked standing up straight

    " AM going to leave the island to, I wanted to leave him the island, along with Dr Grant, Dr Sattler, and Dr Harding" John answered waving his finger.

    " I know it's not my place, Mr Hammond. But these people don't seem the type to handle such a responsibility as owning an island" John smiled.

    "No, they aren't. They aren't business men, which is the whole purpose. I'm done with the minds of business men." John dazed off into the distance as he more of spoke to himself then Lisa. He was getting tired in his old age, tired of the those he surrounded his life with. All those business minded people who cared for nothing but profit.

    Lisa nodded along with John's words but could tell she wasn't supposed to respond.

     "Did everything transfer over probably for Lex and Tim? I won't rest till I knew they got their share of inheritance" snapping back to the present as Lisa places a small lap tray on his legs with a bowl of soup.

    "Yes, everything is in order. I faxed over the remainder of your Will to Mr Carmen yesterday and all in is order now."

    "Good good good good" repeated John quickly and quietly right before he took a spoonful of his soup.

    "Now everything is in order" mumbled the old man as he stared off past the window "Yes, it's almost time."

    Lisa smiled slightly with a faint furrow in her brow, she didn't know Mr Hammond that well, but she felt sorry for the older gentlemen. He had so much regret from his life choices it was evident in his eyes, she had heard the stories and rumors of the islands just like everyone did. But the news never gets all the information and it always exaggerates on topics, so she didn't believe much of what she heard. But she knew there was some truths to it, one of them being that many people died on those islands and this was what Lisa believed to me one of Mr. Hammond's worst mistakes.

    Lisa took her seat on a small wooden chair as she waited for Mr Hammond to finish up his soup like how she did everyday, not daring to leave while he ate, and not wanting to stand idly. Listening to his whispering to himself made her feel sad, here was a great man who in most accounts wanted to do something good for the world and all he has left to his name is a horror story and unfact checked rumors. He was excepting his death he knew it was coming it had been for some time now, in fact he lived longer then he had expected too, even the doctors thought he was going to die two years ago. But no he held on till now, now that he had his affairs in order with the hope that maybe he could leave something good behind when he left. Something more then his horror story.

    "I think, I'll have some of that dessert you made yesterday, Lisa. That is if there is any left" the old man smiled slightly as he placed his spoon back in the bowl. Lisa stood from the chair ad grabbed the tray and smiled kindly at Hammond.

    "I'll be right up with it" she said kindly as she left the room and headed towards the kitchen. "Yes, it's almost time" she whispered to herself as she placed the dessert on a plate and brought to back to Hammond's room. He smiled when she reentered and as she played the new tray with the dessert on his lap.

     "In the top drawer I placed an envelope, its for you. I was going to have it mailed to you all official an all, but giving it to you in person is much less a hassle." Hammond gestured vaguely to his end-table as Lisa opened the drawer. She grabbed the envelope and began to open it before she was interrupted by Hammond.

    "No, open it when I'm gone." He smiled up at the woman with tears beginning to form in his eyes "When I'm gone, then open it. It's a gift" Lisa gently placed the envelope into her pocket and smiled in thanks.

    "Thank you, Mr. Hammond" he nodded in welcome "Would you like me to get your daughter, or Lex and Tim?" she asked kindly.

     "No. I'd think not, I want their last memory of me to be good, and I think it's best I leave it as it was" Hammond finished up his dessert and handed Lisa the tray "I think I'm going to take my afternoon nap now" he said this as he lowered himself into his bed.

    "Goodnight Lisa"

    "Goodnight Mr. Hammond."

This one is a bit short, I had it written out last year but never finished editing it... so I finished the edits and voila its complete. I've already started the next chapter so I'm hoping it doesn't take as long to post. I have a lot planned for this book I just need to find some time to sit down and write it. I hope everyone is liking it so far...ciao