21. I Need You

"I heard we have another new student."

I sighed as Khushi informed, "How are you the one to always learn of it first?"

"I've got spies." She tries to joke, but give a proper answer right after, "No, I actually ran into her while coming out of the washroom. She was raging non-stop for ten minutes about some guy who ran into her and didn't even have the decency to apologize. I liked her."

I laughed, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, I mean, sure, she ranted off a lot to me when we don't even know each other, but atleast she wasn't being fake like that Priya."

Armaan grimaced, "Please don't say her name around me."

Khushi questioned, "Why, she hates you for dumping her?"

Armaan scoffed, "She could least care about that. She's moved on. Her name just brings back cringe worthy memories of her clingy texts."

Khushi nodded behind us, "Oh look, there she is. The new girl, I mean. Muskaan!" We turned around to see a girl turn at the mention of her name. She had think black curls. She was petite and seemed to have an innocent face when she smiled with those dimples at us. Then, her eyes fell on Armaan and she frowned. I followed the game to Armaan when he abruptly turned his back to her.

"Damn." He muttered.

"What?" Khushi and I ask.

He quickly explained as she started stalking her way over to us, "Looks like I was the guy she ran into this morning."

"Armaan!" Khushi said his name in a disappointed tone, knowing she was going to have to rescue him from Muskaan's wrath.

"Kutey. Kaminey. Ullu de patthe. Teri himmat Kaise hui mere doston ko pareshaan karne ki?" She started to go off at him in a very colorful language in Hindi once she reached us. I had to stifle a laugh. No one quite dared to curse at Armaan.

And instead of answering her tit for tat, he was attempting to inch away from her as if he was scared of her. He kept on pushing me to slide over in that attempt.

Khushi intervened, "Whoa, whoa, Muski, relax. He's not bothering us. He's actually my brother."

Muskaan took in an exaggerated gasp. "Twin say what now?"

"Twin?" Khushi asked.

Muskaan let out a weird laughter as she took a seat next to Khushi and then explained, "Yeah, you know, we both have names that kinda mean the same thing. Cool, no?"

"Yeah..." Khushi trailed off, starting to find some weirdness in her new friend. I was amused at how much of a chatterbox she was. Despite the fact that we met her no more than two minutes ago, she jumped into a conversation, from one topic to another and continued to talk the rest of the lunch period. Sometimes I worried how she wasn't dying from lack of breath.

I shared an amused look with Armaan, while Khushi looked concerned. It was a good thing she was a year younger than us and hence, wasn't going to be in any of our classes.

===

Armaan walked into his apartment straight from the airport. He had texted his friends to inform them he had reached Mumbai and was on the way from airport so they had all came over and waited on him. He announced, "She has a boyfriend!"

"Who?" Nikita asked.

Muskaan was baffled, quick to catch on who he had to be talking about. "Wait, wait, what?"