Closed Doors

He appeared on the door step to Boss' house. It was a shit tip, but it was a roof over his head and free food (occasionally).

Littered with shattered windows, scorch marks, and dust the house looked like the set of some sick and twisted horror movie. The endless, endless, tonnes of deceased monsters dust was scattered across the front yard as though they were grass, tinting everything a dingy grey. Not even nature was safe from the ways of this world, in this world it was kill or be killed. There was no way around that and nobody but Sans seemed to care. He had better move or Boss will have his ass... literally.

His desperate attempt to get home had the expected effects. Nausea and dizziness gripped the small monster almost the instant he landed, hitting like a freight train, causing him to fall face first. His head collided with the battered door as a shock wave of pain jolted through his bones. Black dots flashed in his vision and intense pain in his head warned him about doing anything too strenuous, not that he'd have a choice. The lack of magic worsened any pain felt by its user, even the smallest trip can cause the strongest monster to double over and scream in agony.
But he was used to it.

Everything felt heavy, he didn't want to move. Eyelids threatening to close, vomit wanted to be released, the world spun as though he was on the most violent and volatile roundabout ever created.
He pushed on.

His skeletal hand extended and reached for the handle, it missed spectacularly. The second attempt however, was a success as he twisted the cool brass handle and entered. The smell of marrow and dust reached his nose reminding him of last nights punishment. Furniture was overturned in an unruly fashion, snapped, ripped, and broken after being thrown at walls and himself. The banister on the stairs was now just a series of sharpened deadly stakes after, those too, we're broken. Throwing a couch at them will do that...

Deep breath.

"I'm home Boss!"
...
There was no one there, no reply.
Not a light turned on, no smell of cooking, no sign of Boss.
Strange.

"Boss?"

Well this could mean one of three things:

1) Boss had gone out for something and would            be back later.

2) Boss went looking for him and Sans will get the worst beating imaginable later.

3) Boss was murdered... somehow... in his absence.

Well 3) was the least likely but was still a possibility. He didn't even want to think about it, the thought of losing his brother, no matter how cruel he'd been, was heart shattering. If 3) had occurred then Sans knew he would probably be joining him soon... by his own hands.

Anyway, he had chores to do, the living room was a tip and so was the kitchen. Signs of his punishment was littered all around the home; it would be dusting, sweeping, washing, sewi-
'Slam'
Sans' eye sockets widened in terror, pupils reducing themselves to pin pricks as he inhaled a little too much a little too fast, as he was left coughing and spluttering. The door had violently closed behind him engulfing the startled monster in a sea of malevolent darkness. It's waves licked fear to the core of his soul, planting a seed of panic, growing vines that restricted Sans' movement. His breathing became ragged, mind clouded, legs became weaker...he sunk like a brick to the sea bed, legs hitting the hard wooden floor. Blindness and paralysis. Fear really was a monsters worst enemy, leaving them exposed and vulnerable to any threat that may occur. He could be raped, murdered, suffocated, anything... but he couldn't run... he couldn't hide... and he couldn't shout. A deep disembodied chuckle arose in the room while heavy boots approached  the tiny monster that was curled up and hyperventilating on the floor, weak and helpless.

The intruder loomed over him, watching and smirkkng in amusement at the pathetic scene that played out in front of them. Their red eyes glowing dangerously as they laughed. The captain of the 'Royal Guards' brother had just collapsed from the closing of a door, frightened to death. The captain was the most feared and fierce monster in the underground, a unstoppable ruthless killer with quite the body count. Yet his spineless, worthless, piece of shit brother was afraid of the dark... it was quite laughable. Simply pathetic.

A long arm extended, grabbing the tiny frightened figure by the throat and squeezing enough to stop the oxygen from reaching his lungs.
Terrified, Sans tried to scream...he tried to plead and beg, and finally as a last resort he tried reaching out for Papyrus to save him... but nobody came

"NOW THEN... LET'S GET STARTED."