Confusion, Questions, Confusion

"WHO IS THAT? WHY DID THEY TRY FIGHT ME? WHY IS HE ON THE FLOOR? WHO IS BOSS? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... WHATS THIS ABOUT YOU JOINING THE ROYAL GUARD!? AND WHY ARN'T I ?!"

" i don't know. i don't know. i think he passed out. i dont know . i'm not in the royal guard, and go ask alphys. "

"WHY DID HE TRY FIGHT, PAPY? HUMANS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT NOT MONSTERS... HE SEEMED SCARED."

" im aware, im trying to figure out what happened to him. when i found him he was all skin and bones"

A smug smile had slipped its self onto Pap's face as his brother turned to look at him in horrified, annoyed confusion. This probably wasn't the time for a joke but the air needed to be lightened before it crushed him. He could tell the weight of the situation was weighing on his brother too, no breath of exasperation  followed his pun. Not even a simple eye roll. Instead his intense baby blue eyelights fell upon the broken figure that lay on the floor. Pap found that his gaze naturally gravitated towards Red himself taking in every feature.
"alright, time to put the soldier back to bed." Pap spoke with an air calmness and certainty that helped everyone around him to feel grounded, no matter the situation. And right now, Blue needed that security from someone who knew what they needed to do (even if they didn't). In one smooth motion Red was swept up into Pap's arm and place back on the bed. His orange eyelights fell upon his face again, taking note of the peacefulness that was only there when he was out for the count. That thought alone filled Pap's heart with even more saddness than he thought possible. His only peace and relaxation came from when he was sleeping... Pap could relate... Most of the time.
" Okay Blue, want to play doctor again? Go fetch the med kit for me, we have a patient after all."

"OKAY PAPY!  DR.BLUE IS ON A MISSION MWHEHE"

And with that Blue was gone in a blur, off to find supplies for his patient. Looks like Pap's confident facade held up, he needed to be sure of the situation for his brother. He needs that support from an authority figure.

"what happened to you Red? who did this?"

But all that followed is silence.

*Red is finally resting.*