°• bittersweet •°

When Jimin woke up the next day, he was still in a really happy mood because of the nickname Yoongi gave him. He got out of his bed, stretched a little and went to the bathroom. He washed his face and walked around the flat happily. He was really excited about today's date with Yoongi.

"No, stupid, it's not a date!" - he said out loudly.

But at the bottom of his heart he kind of wished it was.

He continued his morning routine and made himself breakfast. While he was munching on the cereal, he decided to text Yoongi.

Jimin
Good morning!!
Can't wait for our meetup! ^-^

Yoongi rubbed his eyes and opened the text. It definitely made his morning a bit better. He was smiling while he was typing.

Yoongi
Good morning Jiminie.
Lookin' forward to see you too!

Jimin let out a high pitched sound when he saw the nickname again. And the words Yoongi used...He couldn't ignore the slight blush on his cheeks as he looked in the mirror on the wall.
After finishing his breakfast, he had to decide what to wear.
He always put effort in his clothing,he liked to be stylish in his own way.

He decided to wear his favourite slighlty oversized sweater. It was a comfortable piece of clothing, it had light cream colour. He paired it with blue jeans and he decided to wear his glasses instead of his contact lenses. He chose his dark brown boots and he packed his stuff in his backpack - he was ready to go. He was asking himself if he should wear a scarf or not - but he ended up leaving without one.

Once he stepped out,he regretted his choice. He was about to go back but his bus just arrived and he didn't want to be late, so he hopped on the bus, only hoping for warmer weather.
After 15 minutes, he arrived at the café. He still had 10 minutes until 11 so he decided to go in.

It was a nice little café. It looked really cozy because of the bookshelves and the comfortable sofas all over the place. Jimin liked the place already. He searched for a seat and sat down.
To be really honest, he had never been to a café and he didn't want to embarass himself in front of Yoongi, so he read the menu, just to know what to order. Once he made a decision, the small bell above the door rang, meaning that someone came in.

Jimin looked up just to see Yoongi.
He was wearing a light blue t-shirt with a knitted cardigan and jeans with white converse. Jimin had noticed that he was wearing a pink scarf too.

"Yoongi, over here~" - said the boy, waving his hand.

Yoongi made his way towards Jimin. He sat down,so now they were facing each other.

"Hello, Jiminie."

"H-hi" - he stuttered again because of the nickname. There's such a big difference in hearing it and reading it.

"What's wrong? You look nervous.."

"It's just the nickname..." - murmured Jimin so quietly that it was just a quiet whisper.
But Yoongi had good ears.

"You don't like it? I'm sorry..then I won't use it.." - said Yoongi. Jimin could swear that he heard a little bit of sadness in his voice.

"No no!! I love it--" Jimin quickly put his hands on his mouth because of the embarassement.

Yoongi looked at him and flashed a gummy smile at him.
Jimin has never seen this smile. It made his heart beat a little faster.
He knew that this is the sight that he wants to see more from now on.

"So, what should we order?"

"I already made up my mind ~ " - Jimin stated with pride.

The waitress came closer to the boys.

"I'd take a double espresso. Thank you." - Yoongi said

The waitress gave him a nod.

"I'd have hot chocolate with heavy cream and chocolate sprinkles!" - said Jimin with confidence.

The waitress smiled and went to make the orders.

Yoongi couldn't hold his laugh back anymore. He chuckled, wiping his tears away.

"What's so funny?" - Jimin asked, because he had a feeling that he was the reason of the other's sudden outburst.

"Nothing...It's just...You're too cute Jiminie" - Yoongi said and gave Jimin a smile.

Jimin's heart flinched again, he felt like his cheeks were going to explode any moment. He tried to escape Yoongi's warm and intense gaze.

"..mnot cute.." - he murmured.

"Yes, you are."

The colour of the boy's cheeks got one shade darker and he was planning on hitting himself to sober up when the waitress came back with the drinks.

"Here you go! Enjoy! " - she said kindly.

"How is the chocolate, Jiminie?" - he asked with a smile.

Jimin was busy destroying the heavy cream but he put his thumbs up to give response.

When he was halfway through with his drink, he got curious.

"Yoongi, what does coffee taste like?"

He raised an eyebrow to the sudden question.

"It's...bitter. Some people like it sweet, but for me coffee is like life - sugar free." - the boy explained.
"You can have a sip if you're curious."

"Thank you! You can taste my choco too!"

"I'll pass."

Jimin excitedly grabbed Yoongi's cup and took a relatively big sip.
He immediately frowned and scrunched up his nose.

"Ewww how can you drink this?" - he asked with a disgusted face.

"I like the taste of it. I kind of guessed that it won't be your drink. Maybe next time you could try a latte. It's sweeter and less strong."

Jimin was happy to hear that Yoongi wanted to meet again.

"I'll take that advice!" - he said and smiled at Yoongi.

They finished their drinks, paid and left the café.
To Jimin's misfortune, it was even colder outside than before.