First Impressions

Special thanks to Jimin Is Life for choosing this theme! 

The air was cool and breezy as I waited in the courtyard. I reclined against my bag, looking all around and above me. It was so pretty and so delicate. It was hard to believe a single man lived somewhere like this. It was hard to believe that I was standing here after I'd answered an ad that my Mum had shown me. 

Jeon Jungkook was a recently single father of one. The ad didn't go into specifics but required an immediate start. Much to my own surprise, I'd been successful. The role was as a live in nanny. The pay was excellent, the prospects even better. Most importantly for me, it gave me my own independence that I'd craved for such a long time. 

I hopped up from my suitcase, knocking on the door once more. The air was starting to become colder, clouds rolling over. I prayed my new employer would open the door quickly and save me from the impending rain. The door finally unlocked behind me, a latch becoming undone. I span on my case, taking in the sight before me. My eyebrows crashed together, my face falling. 

"Y/N - I assume?" He spoke softly as I pushed myself up from my suitcase in mild shock

"Y/N - I assume?" He spoke softly as I pushed myself up from my suitcase in mild shock. He was far younger than I'd ever imagined. He was barely older than I was. And he had a four year old? Jeez - he must have settled down young. "Please, come in. I have someone here who is very excited to meet you." He smiled at me as my hand tightened around my bag. 

As much as he tried to dress it up with a smile, even though I didn't know him, I could see the pain behind his eyes. I could see the way he looked down at the ground, the way his jaw remained locked. I followed him through the door and into the open plan house. I was a nervous wreck, the most nervous I had been all day. Maybe the most nervous I'd been ever...

As soon as he reached the kitchen area, he started ducking behind the counters, checking in the cupboards. I furrowed my brow until I heard a high-pitched giggle from the other side of the room. I left my bag in the middle of the floor, creeping to the other side of the room. I started peeking behind the curtains and looking under the tables, the giggling becoming more frequent. 

I hadn't realised that Jungkook had stopped looking and was instead looking at me, curiously. I peeked around the side of the sofa, confronted with the source of the giggling. The cute little girl started laughing as soon as I found her. 

"Who do we have here?" I asked, kneeling before her. Her dark hair was tied into pig-tails secured by two red ribbons. She was wearing a little frilled dress with little dolly shoes. She smiled at me, a couple of her teeth missing. 

"I'm Yumi!" She smiled, stepping forward so that she was in front of me. "Are you my new mummy?" I laughed awkwardly, smiling at her. 

"I'm your new nanny Yumi. My name is Y/N. I'm here to look after you when your Daddy is busy." 

"Do you want to see my toys?" Her little hand wrapped around mine as she stood up, tugging me lightly. I smiled down at her. 

"I would love to see your toys, Yumi." I gave Jungkook a look and he nodded his head, a small smile on his face. Yumi tugged at my hand.