Part 1: Reaping Day

Daisy's Point of View

"Daisy? Wake up, darling! You know what day it is!" Her mother shook the sleepy young brunette awake, holding a tray of pancakes in front of her. The girl shot out of bed, dancing around the room. "IT'S THE REAPING!" Daisy sang. "I have been waiting for this-training for this for so long!"

Her mother sighed. "Yes, dear! We are very excited for you! Now, come, your breakfast will get cold!" Daisy followed her mother to the kitchen table, where her father was sipping coffee and reading the paper.

"There's the next Victor! Mornin', flower girl! Come, look at this!" He gestured to a newspaper article, which read, Mushroom Games- The Facts! Help the Coins be Ever in your Favor! "Maybe you can get a leg up on the competition, eh, girly?" Daisy smiled and kissed her father's head. The Mushroom Games was something she should be excited about- a chance to live up to her legacy- to her mother's Victory, but she simply felt nothing but dread.

I think I don't want this...but I guess I have no choice...

Peach's Point of View

"DADDY!!" Screamed the angry teenage girl. "MY REAPING DRESS! IT'S ALL WRONG!" she whined. "I WANTED BUBBLEGUM PINK- NOT COTTON CANDY PINK!" Then, a crash followed, as if the girl had just smashed something. The maid-toad just sighed. "Another dock on my pay," she grumbled.

"Peach? Your breakfast is ready!" Called a butler. Peach descended the central staircase, wearing a long, pink silk ballgown, with a small gold crown atop her head. She still had a scowl on her face.

"Why do I even have to go to the Reaping?" she complained. "My name is only entered once...ONCE! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I WILL BE PICKED!" The butler sighed. One's enough, he thought to himself.

Mario's Point of View

"LUIGI!" the red-clad plumber screamed. "Get down here! It's almost time for the reaping!" Mario skipped around his home, eagerly awaiting when he would volunteer, and change his life forever.

"I'm coming!" Luigi intoned, still sleepy, and extremely nervous. "But do I have to go? I-I-I don't wanna get picked!" He cried. Mario rolled his eyes. "C'mon, wimp. Mom's making us leave. Let's get to it...wouldn't want to be late!

Yoshi's Point of View

"Yoshi, dear? Um, I think we should get going! Please, put down the cookies and grab your coat! Oh, boy, I've said it five times already, Yosh! Please come down!"

"Sorry Mom!" Yoshi yelled, barreling down the stair, with half a bagel in his mouth. "I'm ready now!"

"Good. Now, finish your bagel, and for crying out loud Yoshi, put some pants on!"

Birdo's Point of View

"And you promise, no matter what happens, we will always be best friends!" Birdo sniffled, hugging her friend. "Of course!" Toadette cried. "Always!" "What are the odds we get picked?" Birdo cried.

  "Um...I'm entered twenty seven times!" Toadette wailed. "For me it's thirty!" Birdo replied. The two friends held each other, pleading silently for them to not be picked.

Bowser's Point of View

"Mom!" Bowser shouted, flames dancing through his breath. "I've told you five times today! STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!!" Bowser was way too excited for Reaping Day. He had been training for so long, and he knew he was going to win.

However, there was one major roadblock in his plan.

He would have to kill the woman he loved.

Koopa's Point of View
"Goomba!!!! We're gonna be late for the Reaping! We'll be killed! And then-". "Calm down, Bro!" Goomba replied, annoyed. His brother could be so over-dramatic.

Goomba dodged Koopa's never ending questions as he tidied the house for his mother. Rolling his eyes and muttering sarcastic remarks, he was almost glad when it was time for the names to be called.

Almost.

Third Person Perspective
"Welcome to the 174th annual Mushroom Games!! The Reaping, the most exciting day of the year, is finally here!"
Cackletta squealed. She was only one with even a remote smile on her face.

"Now then, you all know how this lovely day works! Two persons from each World will be Reaped, and have the honor of participating in this year's Mushroom Games!" She clapped and giggled, while the crowns remained stone faced.

"Well then! Let's begin!!" Cackletta babbled. "For World One, our Players are..." The crowd shifted anxiously, waiting for the names. However, in World One, they were excited, not scared.

"Bowser Koopa, and Peach Toadstool!"

The crying blonde was pushed onto the stage, as no one had volunteered for her, even though she was sure they would. Bowser blushed and passed her. Walking up to shake Cackletta's hand.

"World Two... Daisy Floral and Toad Mushroom!"

The brunette and the stubby toadstool made their way up to the stage, both of them shaking.

"World Three... Mario Mario and Luigi Mario!"

Luigi burst into tears, and Mario just pushed him up the stairs. He winked flirtatiously at Cackletta, and she giggled. "Well, I already have a favorite!" She giggled.

"World Four...Pauline Red and Donkey Kong!" A sexy, tall girl walked up the steps, calm as could be, and when she got to the top of the stairs, she kissed DK on the lips, and the crowd gasped and cheered. A scandal already?! This year was shaping up to be a feisty one!

"World Five...Birdo Bow and Toadette Shroom!"

Both girls sobbed as they walked up the stairs, and they held each other.

"World Six...Wario Wario, and Waluigi Wario!"

A fat, rude man made his way up into the stage, dragging his lanky brother up the steps.

"World Seven...Rosalina Cosmos and Mona Coin!"

A tall, platinum girl stepped up to the podium, with no expression on her face at all. A short, cute girl followed her, waiting for the fake applause to stop.

"And finally...World Eight...Yoshi Green and Goomba Stomp!"

A green dinosaur and a proud-looking Mushroom-guy walked up to the podium.

"Well then!" Cackletta sang. "Those are the Players of the 174th Mushroom Games! May the coins be ever in the question mark block!"

AN: Well, well, well! Welcome, everyone, to the Mushroom Games! I have wanted to do this for forever, and I hope you'll all enjoy it! Each chapter will be no less than 1,000 words, so you can all be excited for that! ;) Anyways, please share, add, and vote for this story!! We are so close to getting 1k reads on all of my stories!! Thank you guys!!