Part 2: The Mentors

All of the tributes were pushed into a huge metal train, and we shut up in individual holding cells. However, they were more like luxury hotel rooms than a prison. Some of them flopped onto their bed and slept, while others took a hot shower or simply looked out the window. For some of them, it was the first time doing all of these things. After all, World Eight was extremely poor, and could barely even afford to feed themselves.

Daisy's Point of View

"Wow," she breathed, running her hands over the soft bed sheets and the metal shower. Just becuase she was from a high class family doesn't mean that she had access to ammenities simply for pleasure. She slipped of her simple cotton dress and let the water absorb her tired body. 

She refused to think about the games. There was absolutley no way she was going to kill harmless people. She wasn't insane, she was only excited about the Games because of her mother's stories about her Games, which she always made exciting and blissful- not phycotic and blood-churning.

She decided to head to dinner, where she would get to meet Toad for the first time. She would also meet up with her mentor, and learn what she was like. She hoped her mentor wasn't crazy or an idiot. She was going to need all the help she could get.

Toad's Point of View

I was just getting started on my soup when Daisy walked in. I almost spit out what was in my mouth. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life! Her short auburn hair glimmered  like the sun, and her eyes danced with kindness. I didn't realize that I was drooling until Daisy just asked, "You do know you're salivating, right?" My face turned the color of a Super Mushroom, and I wiped my face with my napkin, and continued on with my soup.

Our mentor finally walked into the room, after we waited and got to know each other for about half an hour. He was a thin, beared man with sliver hair and round glasses. He wore all white, and had a bucktooth on his lower jaw. However, he radiated kindness and warmth, and I instntly knew that we would learn many things from this guy.

"Hello there, sonny! And you too there, girly! The name's Egad, and I'll be your mentor!"

Bowser;s Point of View

"So, Peachy," I asked as she giggled. "What do you think of the train ride?" I wiggled my eyebrows, and she blushed and looked down. "Well, King Koopa," she batted her eyelashes. "I like it very much...when you're around." We both continued eating our stew, and I couldn't be more estatic!

Flashback:

"TOUCHDOWN!" Third-grade Bowser yelled, as he caught the football. "Very good, Bowser!" Toadbert, the gym teacher praised. A younger Peach, who was watching from the stands, cheered for Bowser, and he blew her a kiss. Just then, a Magikoopa floated onto the field, and shouted, "HE'S A JERK, AND HE'S HORRIBLE AT FOOTBALL! HE'S ALSO FAILING MATH!" 

Flashback Over

"In your face, Kammek!" Bowser muttered under his breath. The girl he had loved since third grade finally loved him.

Just then, a very unstable-looking person made his way into the room. "Oh, I have chortles!" He shried, in a slurred, high pitched voice. "You must be Peach," he pointed at Bowser. "And you must be, *hic* Bowser!" He gestured to Peach. "Yes, I am *hic* your mentor, and I'll tell ya, *hic*, to win, ya gatta," he instantly zoned out, and his head hit the table. The drunk bean-man was clearly drunk, and unstable. Bowser pulled him out of his soup, and read his nametag. "Fawful."

Wario's Point of View

"So, you boys better listen to me," Mr.L lectured. "If you want any chance of winning, ya gotta get in good with the Careers. You both don't mean very much to me, but unfortunatly, ya both are now my responsibility. So, let's get going."

"Work already?!" Wario whined. Waluigi was already on his feet, ready to go, but the lazy yellow plumber refused to get up. He was stuffing his face with cookies and chocolstes, and probably would have stayed there all night if Mr. L hadn't blasted his with lightning.

"LET'S GO!" He screamed, fire blazing in his dark eyes. Wario immediatly got up, knowiung that Mr. L was not somebody he wanted to mess with.

Birdo's Point of View

"All right, my girls!" Candy Kong instructed her Tributes. "Let's have a little fun tonight! I brought some games, and I baked some cookies! Go get on your PJs, and we'll have the best. Night, Ever!" Toadette and Birdo loved their mentor so much. She was like the fun, teenage sister that neither one of them ever had. 

They sipped their hot chocolate, and played on Candy's Nintendo Switch. After a while, Candy shut off the TV, and said, "alright! As much fun as this is, I need my munchkins rested for tomorrw! I'll run each of you a hot bath, and then it's off to bed with ya!" She smirked. The girls grinned at each other, and got up.

Rosalina's Point of View

"Just...go do whatever you want...I don't care..." Vivian lammented, aimlessly floating around the room. "You're just gonna die anyways..."

"Oh, come on!" Rosalina challenged. "You're supposed to be our mentor! HELP us, for crying out loud!"

"Yeah!" Mona piped up. "This is boring. When do we get to do something FUN?"

Yoshi's Point of View

"Yoshi!" Dr. Toadly yelled, trying to get the attention of his tributes. "Stop! Stop! That's Goomba's food. You have your own! Oh, dear me, what am I going to do?!"

Mario's Point of View

"Oh, Mario!" Pink Gold Peach purred, sucking up to him. "It's such an honor  to be your mentor! You see, I always get the boring, lame tributes, but this year," she cooed. "I think it's all payed off..." She leaned in and kissed him, and Mario found himself kissing back. 

"Bro?!" Luigi muttered, having walked in on them. "What's happened to you...?

AN: Well, hello there, my wonderful followers! I wasn't gonna update for a while, but yall seem to love this book, and I am just so greatful....so here's another chapter! Did you know who all of the mentors were with out having to look them up? Comment what game these characters are from!

Egad

Fawfull

Mr. L

Candy Kong

Pink Gold Peach

Dr. Toadly

Vivian

Keep showing this story some love, you guys!!! Let's get to 1K! I love 'yall, and stay tuned for more! I will try to have weekly updates! <