The Revolution

Daisy's POV

She woke up on the sand, and the rancid taste o blood filled her mouth. She had been bleeding for a long time, but it was dried. She barely opened her eyes, and saw Luigi standing over her. She quickly closed her eyes again, blushing at the thought that he had been watching her.

  She was about to get up for real, when the man bent over and kissed her. His lips brushed hers, and her breathing hitter in her chest. He tasted sweet, like sunshine and freshly cut grass. He whispered, "I guess Peach wasn't the only one for me."

  Daisy stood up, shaking, and Luigi blushed profusely. "Uh..." He stammered. "How long have you been...-" "Enough to do this." Daisy whispered, smashing her lips against his. They held each other for a long time, simply being aware of each other, tangled in each other's arms.

   Just then, Yoshi came in, looking solemn and grim. "Guys, spare us the PDA. This is no time for celebrating. It's Wario and Waluigi..."

  The trio rushed out of the little cave, and found the brothers dead on the beach, with the cannon booming. Daisy cane to a conclusion. She may have missed multiple deaths in the time she had been passed out.

  "How...how many of us are there," she asked quietly, squeezing Luigi's hand. She was almost to scared to ask.

   "Well, there's me, you, Yosh, Toadette, and Mario. That's it."

  Daisy stared at him in shock...so Mona and Donkey Kong were dead. A weight seemed to fall in her chest. Mona. She hadn't known the girl, but she seemed so full of life- she was only twelve, and Daisy had never even spoken to her. She doubled over, and Luigi caught her.

  "I think," Luigi started. "We need to find my brother. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so Toadette could easily find him and..." He didn't need to finish the sentence.

  "Yeah," Daisy spat bitterly. "We all know how good Toadette is at alliances."  Everyone sat in silence for a while, until Yoshi spoke up. "I think we really should try to go find Mario. Who knows what kind of trouble he could have gotten into."

  Daisy looked over at the grim, determined, and serious dinosaur, silently comparing him to the bubbly, bright, light-hearted goofball he started out as. Had the Games changed her as much as it had changed Yoshi? She looked down at her hands- she really didn't know any more.

  "Oh, there'll be no need for that!" A sweet voice sang. Toadette stepped onto the beach, flanked by Mario. She was holding twin daggers in her tiny hands, and Mario was holding a huge axe. He looked like he had been through a lot- his face was covered in scratches and his arm was bent at a strange angle.

  "Hey bro," he started, sneering at Luigi. "Let's finish this, huh?" Luigi glared back at Mario, no trace of fear in his voice. "Go away, Jumpman. You have certainly proved that you are no brother of mine anymore." Mario stated back, his mouth open. His brother had always been shy and cowardly- now, he was dangerous. Murderous.

  "Daisy!" Toadette sneered, throwing her ex-teammate an awful smile. "So, so happy you lived!" On the last word, she took a stance to throw at Daisy, but whipped around at the last second and sank the dagger into Luigi's heart.

  "LUIGIIIIIIIII!" Daisy bellowed, screaming. She flew into a rage- she ran over to his side, only to find his eyes closing. "W-win t-this...my princess..." and with that, his eyes closed, and his died smiling.

  "No..." Daisy whispered. "No, no, no, NO!" On the last word, she whipped around, and ran at Toadette. "YOU EVIL, LYING, TREACHEROUS MURDERING THEIF!" Daisy screamed, tears ripping at her stinging eyes. Mario jumped in to block her, and Daisy sunk her sword into his side, biting at his flesh. She felt no emotion. Toadette's grin faded, and she pulled back her hand, shaking. "W-we'll...two against one!" She smirked at Yoshi. "That's not fair at all Now IS IT?!" On her last words she sunk both daggers into Yoshi, and he collapsed immediately. Daisy ran over to him, but she knew it was useless- he was leaving her. Leaving her like everyone else in her life. Tears blurring her vision. She pulled the knives out of his dead body, and shakily pointed them at Toadette, shivering, dispute the warm weather. "Y-y-you won't get away with this..." she whispered. Toadette sneered back at her. "I already have...my princess."

  Something inside Daisy shattered- wether it be her hopes, her dreams, her very humanity...all of it gone. Something stained her vision- wether it be tears or blood, she couldn't care less. Toadette tightened her grip on Daisy's throat. Vision fading fast, Daisy weakly lifted up her arms.

  That's when Toadette's own daggers pierced the Mushroom girl's back, breaking her grip on the princess. Toadette took her final breath, and Daisy whispered to her, "I'm sorry- but you've taken everything from he- my best friend, my lover...everything. And for that-" she cut of, plunging her sword. "You must pay."

  The cannon fired one last time, and the sky broke out in cheers. Daisy saw the hovercraft appear to take her back to safely, and nothing appalled her more. She sank to her knees, and sobbed. Sobbed for her friends, for the lives they never got to live.

  She brushed the tears off her face, and looked at the sky. "I am Princess Daisy-" she announced, her voice strong and steady. "Princes of the Battlefield. THE GIRL ON FIRE-FLOWER!"

                               END

AN: So...that just happened! I planned on finishing next chapter, but I just couldn't leave you guys or myself on one more. Darn. Cliffhanger! So, @olivialikesdrawing, I am so sorry that I didn't let you pick which character to keep in- I hope this chapter can make it up to you!! (Ps: PPK will be back soon, with a chapter dedicated to YOU!) So Guys, I cant thank you enough for loving this story, and getting me here. One last time for now, say it with me...

LATER ANGELS!!!!!!!