six.

When she woke up it was like being reborn. Thanks to high tech and great paramedics she had gotten all her blood back. It was just a matter of gaining the energy. Nick waited patiently and then agreed to go eat while she worked to gain her endurance. Agent Hill had refused seeing as she didn't want to tell her quite yet she had failed in retrieving her daughter.

"Knock knock" she turned to see Steve slowly opening the door. She gripped the handles of the bed harder as she took another step forward.

"Hey" she muttered. She had still been a little upset and ever since she said she didn't love him she wasn't sure if it was true or not. She hadn't felt anything in so long that she wasn't quite sure. By the time all the people she had ever known started dying she had become used to people coming and going. Just like Coulson did.

"How are you?" he asked lightly moving over to grab her arm so she could continue walking, seeing as she ran out of bed. She rolled her eyes slightly but allowed him to help.

"Why do you care, I thought I wasn't honoring you" Steve closed his eyes and mentally cursed at himself. He didn't mean anything that he had said. He had been so pumped with anger from Tony that it just fell out of him.

"I didn't mean it-"

"But you said it, and that makes all the difference" Steve stepped back slightly. Ever since he had woken up it had been painful. Her refusing to visit him, all his friends dead, and the girl he fell asleep loving turned into a different girl when he woke up. The innocent joy had long faded, along with her accent, the wonder filled eyes. Everything. Even her hair, it had grown and grown to the point she just left it down. It wasn't in the beautiful style she always had it.

"Carmen I-"

"Director Erskine" both of them looked to the door to see a skittish Agent Hill.

"Hill, did you get-" Hill cut her off.

"No, Loki has her" Carmen lightly tumbled and Steve caught her pulling her into his chest.

"We don't know where he is" Steve shook his head as Carmen began to freak out.

"Actually we do"

~

Steve watched intently as Carmen strutted towards the quinjet. He never in his life had seen her like this. Carmen, almost the moment she found out her daughter was captured pulled out her old super suit that hadn't been touched in 10 years. Cap couldn't stop admiring the navy color and how close to her skin it was. If she wore this back in the 40's she would be seriously hated.

"Natasha, you know the way. I have to grab something quick" the three continued and Natasha listened to her orders as Carmen stalked off another way. By the time they reached the jet a young pilot stood almost immediately.

"You are not authorized to be here" Steve shook his head and held his hand up.

"Son just do-"

"He is now" everyone turned to see Carmen standing at the entrance with an old 40's style A-147. The one she had relied on since war.

"Director Erskine, I'm so sorry-"

"Like he said before, just don't" the Pilot nodded and scurried off the jet. Carmen dropped the gun and tied her hair up quick.

"C'mon Clint, get this thing in the air. Romanoff I want you on weaponry" both nodded and moved to their positions. Carmen moved to sit and fix her slightly updated gun. Over the years it was easy to learn you needed a gun with already made bullets and not refill the gun powder every two seconds.