Reconciliation

Aurora paced around her house, running her hand through her long blonde hair. Roy sighed from the couch.

"Aurora will you quit that? You're making me anxious" Roy huffed

"Hey, it's this or punching people. And you're the only person within the vicinity. Be grateful" She retorted

"Aurora. Sit" Roy demanded, one eyebrow raised and his arms folded across his chest, daring her to argue. She frowned but sat down opposite him nonetheless.

"I don't need a lecture Roy" She warned, narrowing her eyes at the boy.

"I know. What you need is to think this through" Roy accused

"Think what through?" Aurora asked skeptically.

"This. Your anger towards Oliver. He's just trying to protect you in his own weird way... He loves you Aurora!" Roy sighed, exasperated.

Aurora let her hands fall in her lap as she gave Roy a small smile. She chuckled slightly to herself, realizing how sweet (and ironic) it was that Roy was trying to coach her on her live life with Oliver. Of course, if thinking about it was logical, then she should probably do the opposite. Everything was just backwards with them, but she appreciated his concern nonetheless.

"What?" Roy asked cautiously when he saw her laughing.

"I... I know he does. I just don't know if I can let the fact that I love him keep hurting me. Ever since we started being more than best friends, we've been ruining each other" Aurora groaned, falling back onto the couch.

"Well then maybe you have to go back to just being friends?" Roy suggested

"Yeah. Probably. Until he brings it up himself though, I'm just gonna be angry with him" Aurora said thoughtfully as she stared at the ceiling.

"How productive" Roy said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and giving up.

"You know me" Aurora grinned as she stood up and walked over to Roy. She gave him a hug from behind, "But really Roy, thank you. We'll figure it out. We always do. Feel free to crash here tonight if you want too. Goodnight" She smiled.

"Thanks. Goodnight Aurora, sleep well" He smiled back at her and they both fell peacefully asleep.

«««««»»»»»

The next morning when Aurora walked into her living room, Roy was still crashed on the couch, mouth open as he slept. Aurora chuckled to herself before starting to make breakfast. As she was cracking open eggs, she got a text.

Tommy Boi 💙: Hey little girl! Got time in your ever-so-busy schedule to hang out with your big brother for a few hours?

She smiled. It felt like ages since she had hung out with her older brother. She texted back.

Sleeping Beauty 💖🌹: I suppose I could carve someeeee time out of my day for you 😉

Tommy Boi 💙: How kind of you 🙄 Mine at 4?

Sleeping Beauty 💖🌹: Sounds good!

Aurora took her plate of food and ate it quietly at her breakfast bar, being careful not to wake Roy. When she finished, she put her dishes in the sink and went to get ready in her room. She picked out a flowy blue dress and white heels, applied a pink lip and a soft smokey-eye, and deemed herself ready for work. She grabbed her white blazer and her purse and left a note for Roy before quietly locking the door behind her.

As Aurora was always an hour or two early, she usually went over a few routine things. Today however, her hyper focus allowed her to complete the tasks in a half an hour, leaving her another forty five minutes before anyone would get to the lab. She sighed as she thought of what to do. She left the lab and decided to just walk around. After fifteen minutes of letting her subconscious lead her, she found herself in front of Walter's office.

Or, as she knew it, Robert's old office.

Her and Oliver had come here many times for various different reasons. When they were young they went with Robert every "bring your kid to work day". He would lift them on his shoulders and tell them to look out the glass wall that gave a birds eye view of all of Starling.

"One day, all this will be yours kids. This city is your home, don't fail it" Robert would always say.

In their middle school years, Robert started trying to teach Oliver about the business. Oliver was always too busy with girls or sports or—quite frankly—his disinterest in Queen Consolidated. Aurora, however, the champion scholar she was, learned it all easily, and was always there to save Oliver when he needed it.

"What are you gonna do when your older and have to run your family business Ollie? You don't know the first thing about business or economics!" Aurora scolded Oliver after saving him once again.

"Well I'll have you! You're smart, you can handle all that. I'll just be the pretty face of the company" Oliver stated confidently. Aurora rolled her eyes and punched his arm. Oliver yelped and frowned as he rubbed his arm where Aurora hit him.

"I won't always be around Ollie. You'll have to figure it out for yourself" Aurora countered. Oliver stopped in his tracks, a look or concern and fear washing over him.

"What?" Aurora asked him skeptically. He shook his head quickly, clearing his mind.

"You'll always be my best friend, right Aurora? Even when you go off to college and get married and have kids and get old?" Oliver asked very seriously, something he never was.

"Of course Oliver. Why?" Aurora raised an eyebrow at him.

"No reason. Just making sure" He mumbled and they continued on their merry way, Aurora trying to teach Oliver what Robert had taught her.

They also came to the office in their earlier high school years in the middle of the day when they had ditched school and just wanted to mess around. Aurora would sit in the swivel chair and order Oliver around, giggling and spinning herself around. When they would switch places, however, Aurora always refused to serve him, laying down on the desk instead as they talked about high school problems.

As upperclassmen, they would come in during Roberts last few hours and ask him for money to go the movies or take Thea shopping. However, it usually went towards alcohol that was to be drunk by her, Tommy, and Oliver in their basement back home. He would always stare up at them, glasses on the brink of his nose, analyzing him before finally caving and handing Aurora (never Oliver) the money. They thanked him and ran out quickly, Robert scoffing after them before returning to his work.

Lost in nostalgia, Aurora was startled by the sudden opening of the door. Walter frowned at her. Aurora sighed a breath of relief.

"You alright Aurora?" Walter asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, yes! Sorry, sorry. Just lost in thought I guess" She mumbled sheepishly.

"Not a problem love. Something on your mind?" Walter asked as they walked down the hall.

"... Robert. Robert, actually. I don't know why" Aurora huffed, rubbing her arms as a sudden breeze blew through the building.

"Could it perhaps be Oliver?" Water suggested quite bluntly. Aurora bit her lip as the two faced each other.

"I just don't know what to do about him" She huffed.

This kind of behavior was very strange for Aurora. She was never an open book, and she never asked for help. Walter knew this, but didn't question it. Instead, he gave her advice.

"Talk to him Aurora, he will listen to you. Sometimes I swear he only listens to you" Walter chuckled. Aurora gave a half-smile.

"I'd better get going. My lab is waiting" Aurora nodded, waving over her shoulder as she walked to the elevator.

"We all are Ms Allen. We all are" Walter sighed as he watched her disappear behind the metallic gold doors.