Training Time

With the so called vigilante training at the palace, the Five could go back to doing their job. Not that there was much To do. But hey there was always a thug or two around.

  Yuna meanwhile was attempting the Obsticale course. She did fairly well with speed but her foot work and balance was off.

  She grunted hitting the ground again. "Ok ow."

  "As I thought. All power no finesse, what you need is some serious ground work."

  Shifu circled her checking her stability.

  "You don't play with words do you..ow!" She rubbed her head as he hit her lightly.

  "Stand up straight, only speak when spoken to during training. Understood?"

   "Yes...Master." 

   She didn't usually obey Anyone, but something about this guy said trust him. Time rolled by slowly for her there. Day in and out was foot work training.

   Normally it would be in the steep mountain paths between the palace and the Dragon Cave. Once she had gotten the basics , Shifu sparred her.

   Mostly to see where she was at. No chains or weapons, instincts only. Safe to say she actually did moderately well.  That is until he managed to get under her feet.

  "Oh come on. I can't do this, I'm never gonna get this." She grumbled .

  Shifu tilted his head having a flash back of him and Tigress.

   "I can't do this! I'm never gonna get it!"

  "Tigress it doesn't matter if you get it the next time. Or even the fiftieth, what matters is it'll come when you need it. "

   "It will come when you need it Yuna. Come we should at least have lunch."

   A wise master Always packs ahead of time for training. The pair sat in silence as they ate watching the sunset.

   "Pardon my curiosity Yuna. Why Were you in the courtyard that day?"

  "Hm?" She looked up from her soup thinking back. "Well I was looking for a place to stay for that day. It seemed better then some strange place ."

   "I see, you talk as if you Know this mountain."

  "I do in a way. I'm not sure how, but it's like a map in my head ."

  Shifu listened curiously as he thought back on their spar as well. He had noticed she relied heavily on her legs . Not to mention did a Two Fisted Punch. Only one student ever did that move.

   The two stayed there over night, meditating mostly.