The contest

Chapter 33:
*edited*

Today is the day I have been dreading forever. My parents death anniversary.

It's isn't a thing to celebrate. It's just a day where I go to their graves and put flowers there.

When you go you can see the flowers rotting from last year. I just keep adding to the pile.

I'm currently in my room putting on my black skinny jeans and black blouse. I put on my black vans and curl my hair and put on a black beanie.

I'm very dark today but that's tradition. It's like the funeral all over again.

I walk out into the living room and Luke looks up and sees me all dark and frowning.

"What's wrong?" He asks his smile fading.

"My parents"

"It was today wasn't it?"

I nod my head and he hugs me. I hug back and let a tear fall on his shirt. I stop the rest from falling right now.

"Hey I'll come with you to meet your parents and I'll pick some flowers up too"

"Thanks Luke" I smile.

He smiles back sympathetically. I quickly got an idea and grabbed his guitar we walked out into his car.

"Singing to them?"

I nod and we drive to the flower shop. When we get there I get 4 daiseys and 2 tulips. We then drive to the grave yard.

We get there and Luke sits down in front of their stones He starts talking to them like I do. Like they are really here.

After he talks on and on to them with me butting in sometimes he ends the conversation.

"Well I hope you know I will always take care of your little baby girl because she means so much to me. I'll always be here for her. I have always loved her. Always" he smiled at me.

I smile back then grab the guitar. I strum some cords then go on.

"You don't have to be so scared

You don't have to go tonight

I just need to hold on tight

For one hell of a ride

And we lost it all just now

To the nights that left you out

So we'll let this go somehow

But you're gonna be proud

(So proud)

And I just needed you to pick me up

Like you did when we were younger

When the lightning and the thunder

Had me clinging to your heart

For someone

To lift me up

When I'm down, when I'm forgotten

You'll forever be my father

And I'll be saving tears in jars for this one

How can I fit all these words

Into such a simple verse

It's the last time that we'll speak

So listen to me please

And I just needed you to pick me up

Like you did when we were younger

When the lightning and the thunder

Had me clinging to your heart

For someone

To lift me up

When I'm down, When I'm forgotten

You'll forever be my father

And I'll be saving tears in jars for this one

I just needed you to lift me up

(I just needed) To lift me up

And I just needed you to lift me up

Like you did when we were younger

When the lightning and the thunder

had me clinging to your heart

For someone

To lift me up

When I'm down, when I'm forgotten

You'll forever be my father

And I'll be saving tears in jars for this one

Did you know that you're my heart

And it hurts to be apart

And this cut it hurts so deep

So sing me to sleep"

I sang then let the tears fall. They came out slowly they managed to soak Luke's shirt in 5 minutes.

I can't stand this. I love them so much but they aren't here to know that. I understand that people say it's because god wanted them but thats bullshit. They were killed and that wasn't planned.

I set down the flowers on the other 15 bouquets. I cry more into Luke and he leads me to the car.

I get in and continue to cry and I can see the look of pain in Luke's eyes. He's trying so hard not to cry.

We get home and I instantly run to my room and fall on my bed sobbing.

Why me?

Luke pov

As soon as she closed her door I broke down and ran to my room.

Why her? She didn't do anything wrong! I just don't understand why this has to happen to her.

She is in so much pain and saying I hate seeing her like that is an understatement. Seeing her like that makes me feel awful. Worse than awful. It makes me feel as if my heart has been ripped from my body.

She doesn't deserve any of this.

Why her?