t w o

It was one of the most painful experiences he had , moreover , it was his first time feeling such pain.

On the third week , the fluid around his heart returned. It was totally unexpected as the medication he had been given was helping at first , but during his third week stay in the hospital , it wasn't helping that much anymore.

So his doctor suggested he'd went for a surgery. He was reluctant at first , but for his health to improve , he agreed.

A couple of days after the surgery , some of his friends visited him. They brought bird nests , bouquets of flowers and Get Well Soon cards from some of his teachers and other classmates.

          Ever since he had the surgery , Jungkook felt like his entire life changed. Indeed , many things was different from before. He had to take extreme cautious with his health. Including when he heads out , he needed to wear a mask to prevent him from getting the bacterias outdoor.

He needed medications daily , to keep his immune system healthy and infection-free. Instead of having the chance to play basketball , he had to stay indoors. So he's faced with video games and movies etc. at home.

One of the biggest change was moving out of Busan. He had to move to Daegu due to his mother's work purposes. Mrs Jeon's boss needed someone to be In-Charge of his company in Daegu and he thought that she could do it.

She knew Jungkook wouldn't be pleasant to hear that as all of his friends are from Busan , including his closest , Jimin. But she still had to break the news to him and she thought that during dinner time could be good.

"Kook , we're moving to Daegu next week." Mrs Jeon spoke

"What? Why?" He asked

"For work purposes."

"Why not you go? I'll stay in Busan. We'll be in contact! I don't want to leave my friends."

"I know that , Kook. But with your health condition , i doubt i could allow that." She said , apologetically.

She could tell Jungkook was on the verge of tears. Without getting a reply , he stood up and headed straight to the balcony. She followed him , knowing that he's upset.

"Kook ... I'm sorry. I really need the pay. You know i couldn't afford to pay your school fees without a job. Now that i can get a better position in Daegu , i thought that it could help a lot ..."

After a couple of silent minutes , Jungkook replied.

"No worries , Eomma. You're the most hardworking person i know and i know you're doing this for us , i'll move to Daegu with you. I wouldn't let you stay there alone."

"Thank you , Kook. I'm glad you understand. You can spent more time in school for this last week. I'll head down to your school to speak to your principal soon." Mrs Jeon said

"Alright." Jungkook replied and returned into his room

Mrs Jeon sighed. She could tell Jungkook was pretty reluctant to move to Daegu , but afterall , she needed money to support both Jungkook and herself.

Before they could move to Daegu , Jungkook needed a full body checkup. Although he could travel back to Busan for checkup , his doctor suggested that it'll be better if he'd pass Jungkook's case to one of the hospital in Daegu. It would be more convenient for him anyways.

But before all these could happen , Jungkook's doctor had some bad news for him.

"Jungkook , i know it wouldn't be good to hear this news at your age but you need to know."

"Oh. What is it?" Jungkook ask , feeling the shivers.

"Remember when you ask me after your surgery about your condition? Whether or not its curable?"

"Oh that , yes i do remember. So , you've got an answer for me?"

"Well yes ... Unfortunately , i doubt there's a cure for it."

"What? No surgery or any medication could cure it? Nothing?!" Jungkook asked , getting agitated.

"Calm down , please." The doctor said immediately , not wanting Jungkook to give his heart too much pressure.

Jungkook took a few deep breathes before speaking again.

"Right ... I apologise. Well , i guess i have to live with it then." He laughed bitterly

Jungkook's doctor stayed silent. He couldn't deny it but the laughter he heard made him worried. Soon , the consultation ended and his doctor prescribed him a few more other medications.

Jungkook sighed once again. He's probably taking close to 12 pills a day.

"Why am i even surviving?" He asked himself while waiting at the receiption counter for his medications.

"Kook , done?" His mom asked when she saw him dazing off at the counter area.

"Oh , yeah yeah. Just waiting for the medications."

"Oh." Was all she replied.

She knew how much Jungkook is sick and tired of medications and hospitals visits. Sometimes she wonders why he needed to suffer with all these.

There were countless times when she cried , dead worried about Jungkook's health , worried about the things that could happen to him anytime , anywhere.

"I just want him to be healthy , is it too much to ask?" She sighed

"Eomma , are you okay?"

"Oh i sure am , don't worry about me." She smiled

Jungkook then returned a smile in return.

"I hope he finds someone who loves him before anything happens to his health."

- To Be Continued -