Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Nemesis has recruited Philotes and Nyx to help us fight against the Titans." I informed flatly, arms folded over my chest as I faced a room full of kids and Lucifer.

Adrian's face drained of color and Malachi frowned instantaneously, turning to look at Adrian, who averted his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Charon just stood absolutely still, staring at me blankly while Alexion glanced at him warily.

"How... How did she find them," Cerberus asked, bewildered, "We couldn't even find them. Nyx has been in hiding for as long as I can remember. Christ, she was in hiding when I was created. That's a really friggin' long time." I shrugged, leaning back against the wall.

"Philotes is Nemesis's sister, and Nyx is her mother. She'll always know where they're at and Nemesis is the goddess of vengeance. It's in her nature to be loyal. She'll always hide them, despite Zeus's constant bitching." I answered. Ambrosius frowned, folding his arms over his chest.

"Nemesis is the goddess of vengeance? Can we trust her?" He asked.

"Of course, she's the goddess of vengeance. She was more than happy to help."

"Help you. Why would the goddess of vengeance help you?"

"We like the same bands." I replied flatly. Ambrosius scowled, not really satisfied with the answer, but thankfully he knew better than to ask me, of all people, the same question twice. He remained quiet and leaned on the sofa over Thorn, who was giving me that awkward stare that meant he knew why without asking. It was such a pain in the ass that he was smarter than Ambrosius and Lucifer combined. Then again, it probably wasn't so much intelligence as it was innocence. To Ambrosius, who would dare have sex with me? Someone would sooner fuck a porcupine than me. And Lucifer's thought process was... How could a brother do that to his own kin? It was impossible. It could never happen.

And I envied them that innocent ignorance. What I wouldn't give to have that back. To be able to go back to thinking everyone had goodness in them... back when no one, but the Titans hated me.

Even though my parents had loathed me, at least I had my siblings to fall back on.

Now there was no one.

"I take it Nyx will bring Erebus?" Charon asked at least. Cerberus and Alexion looked at him with concern, and honestly, a bit of concern was biting at my heels as well. Charon's parents had abandoned him for the safety of themselves. What would his reaction be if they actually showed up here together in his face?

"Most likely," I replied with a frustrated sigh, "Erebus would follow Nyx to the ends of the earth. Literally. So I'd prepare for them both to arrive with Philotes in tow. Or are we going to have personal problems get in our way?" Charon frowned.

"No." He answered briefly. I didn't believe it for a second, but I didn't feel like antagonizing him any further on the subject. Adrian looked a bit uncomfortable, and I knew exactly why. The little shit had known where Philotes was hidden all this time. I'd always known it was him from the way he ditched Malachi every weekend and never said a thing during the reports on her whereabouts. He was protecting his mother, which anyone with a mother would understand.

However, I had no one I called mother, so his blind faith in a woman he'd only met a few select times disgusted me. But it wasn't in Philotes nature to be treacherous, which is why she'd fled during the Titanomachy and had only been caught because she was trying to save her husband during the war. She was a goddess of affection. She was by nature caring and loyal. While that was good for us, it concerned me that she was willing to fight back her own husband, family, for just one son she'd never even really gotten to know until just recently. They were still strangers, or at least, in my eyes. Who knows? Maybe they were closer than I thought.