Forgive Me • Sam Winchester • Supernatural

You went out into the garage, looking for a book you stored there in one of the boxes. You needed to do more research on this Eve character. She seemed to be quite the ominous type. You started to search around, looking for the right box. Turning on your heel you nearly bumped your head right into Sam's chest.

You backed away your heart rate escalating. The past year had been rough on you, or more like it'd been rough on your and Sam's complicated relationship. When Sam was soulless he wasn't so kind with you, of course then his memory had been erased. Dean told you you weren't allowed to say anything about it, or act strange. But it was difficult for you.

"Hey (y/n)," Sam said with an imploring tone. "Why've you been acting so strange?"

"I-I haven't, Samuel." You spat out stepping back from him. Before all of this you would have been fine being so close to him. You used to be so close that you often cuddled together. Now it was difficult for you to be so near him.

"Stop pretending (y/n)." Sam said harshly causing you to jump a little. Sam didn't notice this. "Castiel caught me up on some details, I know what I did to you..."

•••

"Sam, where are we?" You asked as you suddenly came to. Last thing you remembered was going to sleep in the bunker. Looking around you seemed to be in a living room. It was clean and extremely nice. You were still in your pyjamas and laying on the couch. A person was behind you, with their arms wrapped around you. Based on their size you could tell it was Sam.

"Samuel please, sounds much better than 'Sam'." He responded his lips gracing over your earlobe. Your breath caught in your throat confused at first but then laughed it off.

"Okay what ever, Samuel, where are we?" With that Sam slowly got up from behind you, forcing you to sit up on the bed.

"This is a house, my house, and you'll be staying here." Sam told you with a slight grin.

"That's very cute Sam, but you don't have a house and I have hunting to do." With that you got up and started to walk out of the living room. You came to a hallway where you naturally saw a door. Going up to it you tried the handle but it was locked.

"All of the doors are locked from the outside, I'm the only one with a key." Sam said another smile making its way across his face. "And I told you to call me Samuel."

"Okay Sam now you're starting to scare me a little, you can cut the joke." A shake was starting to form in your voice. A new feeling arising inside of you. Never had you get this feeling around Sam, usually it only came on when you were about to attack something. It was fear.

"I said call me Samuel." He snapped at you loudly causing you to jump. He saw this instantly. Taking a deep breath he drew you into his arms. "You're the only thing I seem to want anymore, so you're going to stay here, safe and sound. Away from any form of the supernatural, got it?"

Shaking slightly in his arms you told him. "Okay Samuel."

Over the next few weeks a pattern formed. Sam would leave you alone from Monday to Thursday. Then he would come with groceries on Friday. He would stay every night until Monday morning, when he would leave. He slept in your bed, but didn't force it past cuddling. Even though you could tell he definitely wanted to. You started to jump at the things he said and calling him 'Samuel' became second nature over time. You still couldn't quite process what was going on. Either way this went on for a long long time. Before one week Sam didn't show up on Friday. You still had food so you didn't stress it too much. Then that Sunday Castiel appeared and you were so grateful. He took you away and brought you to Bobby's where they had just stuck Sam's soul back inside him. You couldn't believe that you had spent practically a year and a half in that wretched place. You were never ever going back.

•••

You gulped, averting your eyes. "You do huh?"

"I'm so so sorry, (y/n)." Sam stepped towards you quickly going for a hug and you back up so quick you tripped and fell on your butt. The physical pain seemed to intensify your emotional pain and suddenly tears sprouted in your eyes. Balling up on the floor you cried away your frustrations. Slowly, as though he thought you might run away, Sam sat down beside you. He reached for you and this time you scooted closer to him. You now sat in his lap, his arms wrapped steadily around you. His head was pressed gingerly into your neck and he whispered over and over. "I'm so sorry."

Finally after you had cried your final year you pulled back to look at Sam's face. "It wasn't you Sam, I understand that... I-I forgive you."

It was so hard to say those words. Yet somehow they seemed to still get passed your lips. The words you never thought you would actually say to Sam after all of this. Sam smiled at you as lovingly as you thought possible and kissed your forehead.

A/N:
Lol I had no clue how to end that.

Lots of love,
Sara