CH. 6: The 5 That Follow

DAY#2

Micah's POV

I got a girl crush
Hate to admit it but
I got a heart rush
Ain't slowing down
I got it real bad
Want everything she has
That smile and that midnight laugh
She's giving you now

I want to taste her lips
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you
I want to drown myself
In a bottle of her perfume
I want her long blonde hair
I want her magic touch
Yeah, 'cause maybe then
You'd want me just as much
I got a girl crush
I got a girl crush

I don't get no sleep
I don't get no peace
Thinking about her
Under your bed sheets
The way that she's whispering
The way that she's pulling you in
Lord knows I've tried,
I can't get her off my mind

I want to taste her lips
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you
I want to drown myself
In a bottle of her perfume
I want her long blonde hair
I want her magic touch
Yeah, 'cause maybe then
You'd want me just as much
I got a girl crush
I got a girl crush
Hate to admit it but
I got a heart rush
It ain't slowing down

more like boy crush...

.

DAY#3

Mat's POV

I heard her singing yesterday... I've missed it. I couldn't get the song out of my head,

I got a girl crush

hate to admit it

but I got a heart rush

it ain't slowing down.

It really isn't....

I haven't heard her since then.

I shouldn't be feeling like this, I mean, we just met like a week ago and I'm feeling so many different things when I'm near her. I'm mad at her for not talking to me, but I'm pitying her for it, because I understand why. I'm sad because of what happened to her mom and how she had to stay with her abusive dad right under all our noses. I'm frustrated she that she probably doesn't feel the same way I do. 

But most of all, she makes me happy. It's hard being happy when you don't have your family with you. Don't get me wrong, I love my billet family and I love hockey, my life right now is how I want my  life to be forever. But I want her in it.

.

DAY #4

Micah's POV

Mat has a game in two days. It's in Kelowna, against the rockets. He leaves tomorrow. He's asked if I want to go but I haven't answered. He asked again a few minutes ago. Pulling at his hair, frustrated. "Do you want to Kelowna, yes or no? It'd really mean a lot to me if you were there. Please, you can't stay mad at me forever." I turn away from him, facing the wall. I seem to be doing that a lot these days, turning away. Shutting down. He gets up from his spot at the foot of my bed, "I'll take that as a no, it's okay. I get it. I'll leave you alone." 

As he exits, I almost, almost yelled at him to stay. To not leave me alone. But I couldn't, my throat swelled up. 

I cried myself to sleep that night, like every night.

.

DAY #5

Mat's POV

We've just arrived in Kelowna. 5 1/2 hour drive *insert jesus christ meme/vine* I left Micah at home, it makes me sad. I wish I could make it up to her. I just don't know how.

"Hey Cap'n" Turner slaps my back. Alex comes up next to him. "Hey boys, excited for the game?"

"Hell yeah!" True yells, fist bumping Turner. "How's Micah?"

"She won't talk to me." I sigh

"why not?"

"Her dad nearly took her back a couple days ago." True needs to stop with all the damn questions.

"WhaT!?" They both scream in unison.

"He didn't hurt her, I don't think. He grabbed her wrist though. I promised her I wouldn't let him hurt her, what have I done?" I start running. I run far, I run fast. I eventually make it back to the hotel. All we have to do is win and I can go back to her. She wrote to me a few days ago, saying she was sorry. She hated herself for thinking I was a monster, she said it herself. I find myself rereading her letter over and over again.

Mat,

I'm sorry . I'm so sorry. I can't believe I've been so selfish. I'm sorry for thinking of you as a monster. I hate myself for it. You aren't the monster here, It's me. I wish this could be different. I wish we couldn't of met the way we did. I know you're only letting me stay here because you feel bad. I'll be out of your hair soon. I'm gonna use the jar, mom's jar, to help me get myself on my feet. I promise I never meant to hurt you, it was never my intent. 

I'm sorry. 

Micah xx

I fell asleep crying that night, my only thoughts were of her. Was she crying too? I hope not.

Micah's POV

I wonder what he's doing right now. I bet he's out with the boys, or working out. Or flirting with some girl. 

I fell asleep crying that night, my only thought were of him. He wasn't crying, not over me.

.

DAY #6

Mat's POV

It's game day. I should be more excited. But I can't get her out of my head.

Micah's POV

It's an hour before puck drop. They've open the doors. I go and find my seat after buying some poutine. I was behind the home bench. Ottenbreit knows I'm here but that's it. He's under strict orders to not tell Mat anything. I'm wearing a hat and a BARZAL 13 jersey. Hopefully he doesn't see me.

Going into the 1st intermission, Turner looks up at me and nods. That's my cue. He stays back a bit and waits for me. We head into the tunnel together. "You stay here, I'll be right back."

Ottenbreit's POV

(^OOHH)

I wait until Coach K is done ranting about how we're down 3-0 to approach Matty.

"Yo Capt'n, someone's outside for you." He grunts and heads outside, head hung low.

Mat's POV

I walk outside not knowing what to expect. I glance up and down the hallway not seeing anyone. All of a sudden someone puts their hands over my eyes, blocking my vision. 

"Surprise." I can't stop smiling. I can't believe it. She's really here.

"Micah." I whisper.

.

.

.

Word Count: 1062

Total Word Count:  5659

Date Published: 01.20.18

GUYS! LONG ASS UPDATE BECAUSE YOU ALL DESERVE IT. ALSO LATE BUT HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED BUT  WITH HOLIDAYS AND THE END OF SEMESTER COMING I'VE HAD LOADS OF SHIT TO DO. ANYWAYS FORGIVE ME LOVELIES ANOTHER UPDATE COMING SOON! YES I PROMISE NOT 2 1/2 MONTHS SOON. SOON, SOON. xx