CH. 10 PT. 2: 21 Questions

A/N ITS BEEN A VERY LONG TIME, LOVELIES. keep you posted,

Lilo

Third Person POV

Hours had passed, both energetically unaware as one drink became two and two became much more.

It wasn't until the lack of vodka being held within the bottle cut their fun short, that they realised that the rest of their small town would be up with them soon too. By this time, she had felt that she'd known him as well as she knew Alex(ander True) and Turner (Ottenbreit). He had felt as if time stopped the more he spent with her, his friends on the team could never do that.

They both, however, couldn't help but feel as though they wanted to know each other more in depth than they knew the friends they shared.

Throughout the night they had physically grown closer but something had stopped them from letting their hearts wander closer together too.

By the time that they allowed themselves to feel their eyelids grow heavy, it was nearly 4 in the morning. Neither one cared that he had plans with the team in a matter of hours.

Both too tired and too un-bothered to move fell asleep, half on the sofa, half on each other. However both were blissfully unaware how awkward it would be when they woke up the next morning. Slightly confused, mostly hungover.

As her eyes flutter open to the sound of his alarm, she groaned and held her head in disgust. It took her a couple of seconds before realising she was almost fully on top of him. She scurried off, unsuccessfully trying to keep him asleep in the process.

He willed himself to open his eyes as he felt her elbow dig into his side. "Ow!"

"Sorry! I am soo sorry! Sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Sorr-"

"You're making my head hurt."

"Sorry. Sorr-"

"Don't say it again"

"Okay, sorry"

He sat up and gave her a playfully puzzling look.

"Oops," she giggled, cutting her laugh short to focus on whatever the hell they had gotten themselves into only hours before. Most of it blurred. How the situation went from awkward to playful and back to awkward is hard to tell.

But as fast as the whirlwind of unspoken memories and questions came up, they were ignored. Soon, he was standing up and headed to the kitchen and she was beating herself up about the previous night wondering where in the hell she had put her phone. He came back moments later with a glass of water in hand and some pain killers in the other. "It'll help," he said. She took the items, nodding her head and mumbling in gratitude.

From then on he headed towards the bathroom and she towards her bedroom. Anything to kill the awkward tension between them both. The memory of the many times their lips collided came back to both of them in short flashes of the inner movie playing through the back of their minds.

She'd need to be more careful, she thought.

She wouldn't let him get the best of her.

But it was too late.

++

+++

Word Count: 507

Total Word Count: 10312

Date Published: 07.21.2019

its been a wild year. I'm back.